Little Owen Hill

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
BF friends and members,

I mentioned I had an emotionally tough week in my post in the “what knives are you carrying thread yesterday. I would like to share here.

On Wednesday afternoon after work, one of my employees went home to find his youngest son, Owen, in the lake behind their home. I cannot even fathom what the family is going through right now. Owen was 18 months old. They have two other children and I don’t expect my employee to return to work any time soon.

My heart breaks for the Hill family and my thoughts and prayers I have been keeping close the last couple of days.

This is not a post to pressure anyone into anything…it is a post to speak and get some pressure off my own chest. I appreciate all of my friends here that make this place great.

For more information and the go fund me page please see here:

I am hoping that enough will be raised for the funeral and to cover his wages through this time.

Please feel no pressure.

With the utmost sadness in my heart,

Coleman

I am posting up some sheaths and knives from myself and other makers for sale here.

All proceeds (less shipping) will go directly to the Hill family. I have a few things now, and I apologize for the photo’s as this morning it is hard for me to keep myself composed. I am the boss at work, so the last three days I have been keeping my emotion under wraps as employees come to me for help.
Now that it is the weekend…well, it’s hard for me to stay composed.

These are the items for sale and will most likely be adding more as the day allows. I will do my best to describe them. If you are interested I will take offers through PM. Thank you for looking…

These three sheaths are the only sheaths I currently have made. They are all prototypes for CRK Sebenza’s. They are tight for a sebenza and a little short, so that gives you a rough idea of size. Will add measurements shortly.
- 2.25” wide x 4.25” at the shortest point.

Without clip $55usd - Sold - Thank you.
E6557C24-A1BB-4C5D-9896-B49571B59A24.jpeg

Without clip $55usd - Sold - Thank you.
43D942F3-9B08-4792-AF41-CAEA578F7E50.jpeg

With clip $65usd Sold - thank you
9692BC4E-F945-4EE1-8D7A-EBC8F4807F4A.jpeg

Next are sheaths by Bill duramax duramax

Ember 2.5 wine color sheath with discrete carry clip - $105 USD
1973B1F9-A830-4186-81C0-9F6F0CD81415.jpeg

Ember 2.5 brown color sheath no clip - $95usd Sold - thank you
60BBB417-540C-43C4-9ACA-59AFBA0A67BA.jpeg

Ember 3.5 brown color sheath no clip $125usd
3BBF24C2-4E71-4BDF-9B55-29034C5EFF9B.jpeg

CPK Boot dagger sheath no clip - $175usd - Sold - thank you
6D4522E4-8094-413F-997E-AF4E02617DBE.jpeg

I have an David Mary David Mary prototype Boomerang Knife and Sharp & Fiery sheath - $200usd - Sold - thank you.
(I have buffed the burlap micarta scales)
A967A344-0FAF-47D1-9DD7-C69B68782E76.jpeg

More info on the DM Boomerang here.

Also a BNIB Esee JG3 - $110usd
75E8478F-95A7-427D-8862-F801FFF6C984.jpeg

Possibly more to come…I’d like to make this a success.

Last edited:
My condolences! It's so sad.

I'll take the Sebenza sheath with clip, just PM me details.

Also, if jlauffer changes his mind and doesn't want the Boomerang and Sheath I'll be second on that.

PS: I have a Boomerang on pre-order, so not trying to twist John's arm or anything, but this almost matching knife and sheath is slick.

My condolences! It's so sad.

I'll take the Sebenza sheath with clip, just PM me details.

Also, if jlauffer changes his mind and doesn't want the Boomerang and Sheath I'll be second on that.

PS: I have a Boomerang on pre-order, so not trying to twist John's arm or anything, but this almost matching knife and sheath is slick.

Thank you Doc.

I'll take the Sebenza sheath without clip, Coleman.

Deepest condolences to that family and friends, that's horrible.

5 out of 9 items sold! Let’s see if we can’t have them all gone by end of day! Don’t be afraid to PM me with an offer! All proceeds are going to the Hill family.

Thank you to all who have participated. Very much appreciated.

Update!!

So after little Owen was pronounced deceased, he was put back on life support…why? …the Hill family heard of a young child who desperately needs a heart transplant.

This transplant will happen today or tomorrow and my prayers are that it is a success.

While they mourn the loss of their little one…Owen will help another child with continuance of their life.

I want to thank all of my friends here on BF for their generosity and kindness in this time. Being a part of this community is rewarding and I am so honored to be accepted here.

So far through the above sale, $701.25 CAD has been donated to the Hill family. My wife and I have matched this donation.

There are still a few more items for sale with all proceeds going to the Hill family. If any more sell, I will also match those amounts.

Thank you all for your testament that the world is still full of great people!

Sincerely,
Coleman

Update!!

So after little Owen was pronounced deceased, he was put back on life support…why? …the Hill family heard of a young child who desperately needs a heart transplant.

This transplant will happen today or tomorrow and my prayers are that it is a success.

While they mourn the loss of their little one…Owen will help another child with continuance of their life.

I want to thank all of my friends here on BF for their generosity and kindness in this time. Being a part of this community is rewarding and I am so honored to be accepted here.

So far through the above sale, $701.25 CAD has been donated to the Hill family. My wife and I have matched this donation.

There are still a few more items for sale with all proceeds going to the Hill family. If any more sell, I will also match those amounts.

Thank you all for your testament that the world is still full of great people!

Sincerely,
Coleman

Wow. I hadn't realized the circumstances would support this option. But, as a pediatrician, it's not uncommon that some organs will survive an anoxic event from which the brain cannot recover.

I'm still so sad for the loss of life, but someone else may be blessed with an extension of life through their tragedy. I'm also praying that the transplant recipient have many more years of life, and not become a victim of their own illness. And if the transplant is successful, I hope that brings a little bit of encouragement to little Owen's family as they navigate through this difficult time.

We can remind people that the family will still have medical expenses and funeral plans for which to pay, and contributions to the GoFundMe can still be helpful.

EDIT a typo that added a not where it didn’t belong.

Last edited:
Back