Liu Kang (Dan Huang) - when is enough...well, enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be another matter as well.If he is made to only post in the dealer section that may anger the other dealers.33.3 % of the first page there right now are threads belonging to Liu Kang.

There may be another matter as well.If he is made to only post in the dealer section that may anger the other dealers.33.3 % of the first page there right now are threads belonging to Liu Kang.

My earlier suggestion was when he outgrows the dealer section make him buy ads!! maybe come up with a new moniker "trolling dealer"...

Spark has already clearly defined what a dealer is for purposes of this forum:

(Emphasis added)

Liu Kang, or anyone else for that matter, can debate whether he is a dealer or not until the cows come home. But Spark does not say, "If you are an authorized dealer according to the owner of the company whose knives you re-sell...". It simply says, if you buy with the intent to resell, then you are a dealer--no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

So what is the harm of restricting Liu Kang's thread to the FS by dealers sub-forum? Would Jerry leave BFC because Spark wanted to apply the rules equally and fairly to everyone? :confused:

It just makes no sense. If I want to buy a car and get inundated with makes, models, options, etc. etc., then I will go to a dealership. But if I know what I want and don't want to deal with all the headache and info overload, then I will look at private party sales. Duh! :rolleyes: But here, I can't even get away from all the LK threads in the Busse X.

Trust me--if I could truly make his threads invisible (not just the text, but the whole thread), I would have done so long ago.

When you make your own knives, have your own forums and have an exchange for just your knife, then you can make the rules.

How about giving him his own sub-section in the Dealer area. That way he won't step on the other dealers. His very own little world to post as he wishes.

A link to his area could be placed in the Individual Busse exchange at the top as a sticky. This should satisfy Jerry's request he remain there.

Did anyone notice that I'm not posting any more threads then usual but everyone else is posting less. This is because not as many people are going online and/or posting knives for sale. This has nothing to do with me. The first page goes back four days...

To me, a person who stays away from that forum because of these problems, it indicates a serious reduction in participation by other members. Need you/we/I wonder why?

To answer the OP, I would consider the manner in which he is dominating the Exchange to be SPAM. I like LMT66's suggestion or perhaps eliminate cross-linking when you reach a certain number of items for sale.

SPAM used to bring together groups of people, now it divides; I hope a solution can be found to protect the integrity of the Exchange and the investment LK has made. It's Jerry's house and I'm sure he would prefer this weren't such a contentious issue.

Last edited:
It's Jerry's house and I'm sure he would prefer this weren't such a contentious issue.

If LK really cared, all it would take is a few small changes which in no way shape or form will do anything but good for his sales. It completely boggles my mind.

I agree that with the volume that is posted, a seperate sub section should be required ala a for sale thread in the dealer forum.

I find it difficult to not make a post based on emotion.

Dealers should be confined to the dealers section period!!!! If they outgrow the dealers section they should be forced to buy ads from Spark period. Spark is in the knife business as well and he keeps it separate from the forums because he has class period. If you call yourself a dealer but dont have a business license and pay taxes you arent a dealer you are a crook period.

I concur, but I think you are on your period. ;)

the only thing i see lk doing is making people mad and not doing anything to change that. it looks like he would want to stop the anti lk threads but it seems that even these threads are not enough to make him change.

I think LMT66 has a good idea. I don't know that a sticky at the top of Jerry's forum is warranted though. Even Jerry's authorized dealers don't have stickies.

What are the pros and cons of LMT66's idea? The way I see it,

PROs
LK is not overwhelming the regular FS forums with hundreds of items for sale
LK has his own little patch of green that everyone knows about and can easily find
???

CONs
More work for Mods?
???

When talk of sequestering a single member, and giving them special consideration or making new rules specifically to limit that member, it's time to question his place in the community.

In middle school there was this kid who smelled bad. Really bad. I don't know if it was medical or hygienic, but it was something awful. Not your typical BO, just a bad smell that I've never smelt since, but still remember. Obviously he couldn't be kicked out of school; he had as much a right to be there as anybody. The best that could be done is that he'd usually get assigned a seat in the corner to minimize everybody's exposure.

LK has a "right" to be here as well. He (eventually) has paid his Dealer membership dues, and he follows the rules, even when new ones are made specifically to keep him in check. But he'll always be that smelly guy that makes sitting in class near him an ordeal. Too many sales threads lead to rules about consolidation. Too many threads on the front page lead to rules about bumping, and then resisting. Plus the ordering system for the Exchange forum was completely changed. Then a rule was made about keyword spamming. Too many rules just to attempt to make the Exchange bearable because of one individual. The Exchange worked fine before LK came around, and probably still would. With or without LK the changes are probably for the better, but when one person forces so many changes, it's time to question the place of that one person in the community.

Personally I think he should have been banned yonks ago for repeated, unrepentant lying about being a dealer (as per BFC guidelines). If the smelly kid were caught cheating, he'd have been expelled, just like any other kid.

Last edited:
Is this LK's forum or what? Is he a dealer or not? People that buy his over priced knives get what they want, an expensive knife they can brag about how much it cost them. Then cry about how stupid they were for spending $1000 on a knife. hahaha

There should be a limit. People have been bashed for listing 5, 6, 7, sometimes more single listings in a day. Makers too. I thought this was forbidden? Can't people just list one knife and then a link to THEIR personal website or store? I think there is way too much abuse on this forum and the mods/owners don't seem to think that it is a big deal... so visit other forums and quit complaining about things that aren't going to change... I don't click on LKs post, and a hand full of other sellers and makers solely because in my opinion they spam..

This isn't the only place to find knives :)

Someone needs to start a poll. Single out some issues and make it known it's not just 20-50 people but hundreds that feel this way.. This forum is here because WE pay for it. Yes the mods work hard, but my money isn't going back into this forum if crap remains the same or worse. I hope others follow suit and VOTE WITH THEIR DOLLAR.

Dan Huang needs a business license and a website, just like the rest of the dealers here. I don't see the other dealers listing EVERY single knife they have for sale. They post links to their website. He is only here on BF to look out for himself and only takes from the community and never gives back. The whole "special consideration" thing is complete BS. Man up, Dan.

This isn't the only place to find knives :)

It is apparently, however, about the only place where a person can run a knife-selling business without overhead, auction fees, a business license, or taxes. BFC should be a place of discussion, not a storefront.

Seen his antics and dealt with him long enough to understand, he does not care about being fair or acting in the spirit of fairness. Those are facts. I just ignore his antics and enjoy the folks here who get it.

Really, I'm about to crack down and put a "No more than 10 items per ad, no more than 4 ads per 30 days" rule into effect.

If you've got more than 50 items you are actively selling, PAY THE MONEY AND BUY YOURSELF A FRIGGIN WEBSITE. For the amount of time you are wasting reposting everything here, you could have a functioning storefront website and not have to deal with all the hassle.

I like it:thumbup:, but it seems like another band aid for that ONE particular person/problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back