Lobo-Hudson Bay-VT Hunter

Hey all!

By chance does any one have a comparison picture of these three? I think I'm feeling a big JK in my future as a woodcraft/camp knife but cant decide between these three! Something chunky for for this winter on the trap line.

Any opinions or reviews on them would be great!

I think there was only one Vermont Hunter made. I will be making an 8” Hudson Bay in a few weeks. If you want me to I could post a picture of the three patterns tomorrow, but keep in mind the HB pattern is for the 6” version.

Hey all!

By chance does any one have a comparison picture of these three? I think I'm feeling a big JK in my future as a woodcraft/camp knife but cant decide between these three! Something chunky for for this winter on the trap line.

Any opinions or reviews on them would be great!

We're also doing the Hudson Bay thinner at 1/8" because that's what I like and it will still be plenty strong for the type of chopping and wood processing I want it for and it will perform a little better clearing campsites and trail maintenance for the hiking and mountain bike trails. So it's a little longer and a little thinner than standard so it should chop the same or better for green stuff but it won't split wood as nicely.

Between the Hudson Bay and the recently shipped scandi Rule 9 it should be a really fun bushcraft combo for a knife kit of JK knives.

I think there was only one Vermont Hunter made. I will be making an 8” Hudson Bay in a few weeks. If you want me to I could post a picture of the three patterns tomorrow, but keep in mind the HB pattern is for the 6” version.

That would be great John, I'd love to get a look at all 3 together. Are the Vermont Hunter and Vermont Hunter XL the same?

Cant wait to see that modified HB! Bet its going to look amazing.

Also, John, can you speak to the three patterns over what the were initially made for? Woodcrafters, camp knives? Just a design you liked?

I’ll post a picture tomorrow. As for what they were designed for I can only speak for the Hudson Bay, I didn’t design the other two. The HB was designed to be a heavy duty camp knife.
That would be great John, I'd love to get a look at all 3 together. Are the Vermont Hunter and Vermont Hunter XL the same?

Cant wait to see that modified HB! Bet its going to look amazing.

Also, John, can you speak to the three patterns over what the were initially made for? Woodcrafters, camp knives? Just a design you liked?

Lobo has always tickled my fancy when I see pics. There was one for sale and I did not rescue it.

Mine too, I think I'm looking for something along the lines of a Leuku type woodcrafting knife. I really have a thing for the "do-it-all" big patterns.

Back