looking for a throwing hawk

hello all,it has been pointed out to me that i am not a hawk maker.so im in search of a well ballanced traditional throwing hawk.i plan totry my hand at a compition this spring.im ok with my camping hatchet but i no its not the same,any insight on a throwing knife would be helpful my trtailmaster is taking a beating

------------------
shoot straight,monvir

You are in the right place for information now. Andy Prisco is a world famous knife and hawk thrower. If now one here can answer your questions and sell you a good hawk or knife then they can't be found
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Tell me how the handle of your trailmaster is holding up. I have thinking of doing some throwing of mine too as well a am making my own thrower now out of a chunk 52100 steel...man! that stuff is hard! Broke a solid carbide drill when drilling a lanyard hole.

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington
0071.gif

the handle is in stag.but it did get a little loose. the other day,call cold steel to see how to fix and they said to send it in.im not going to through it any more.i have made a few knifes out of files for my brother and i but need a good idea on what a good throwing knife would be sunh as shape and lenght and such.where i work we do heat treating so i can havr it hardin there

------------------
shoot straight,monvir

monvir,

If you want to know what shape and/or configuration to make your own throwing knives, send an e-mail to Andy and I am sure he would e-mail you a drawing you could print and use as a template.

Thanks for your post Monvir!!

As for good throwing Tomahawks, the Rogers' Rangers Series are all excellent throwers....to see more, just look at the posts pertaining to those two models here on the ATC Forum.

As for designs and ideas, I would be happy to talk off line with you via e-mail.

I suggest you also visit the Knife Throwing Forum here at BladeForums. Bobby Branton, a Co-Founder and our Production Director at the American Tomahawk Company is also the President of the American Knife Throwers Alliance...he hosts an annual knife throwing competition each year that you can find out more about by visiting the Knife Throwing Forum. He moderates that forum as well.

Hope this helps...

------------------
Andy Prisco,
Co-Founder, Manager
American Tomahawk Company
877-557-5200
http://www.americantomahawk.com
----------------------

Back