Lose a Blade to Airport Security?

Just curious. During my last business trip that included air-travel, I dropped my check-in bag with Airport Security. About twenty paces away, I realized my Kershaw Leek was still in my pocket. I did double-time back to the Airport Security baggage checkpoint and produced the blade. They retrieved my bag so I could zip the blade inside. First - - they were extremely polite and accommodating about this. Second, when I inquired what happens to pocket knives that passengers forget when they get to the final security checkpoint, the agent explained that they get confiscated. No options to check them in somewhere for retrieval later, just confiscated with no possibility of return. He added that it was a good thing I came back, because he'd hate to lose a knife like that.

So, any unfortunate souls out there inadvertently lose a blade to airport security?

TT2Toes

Then the blades are sold on eBay for pennies on the dollar...:mad:

Flying back to Toronto,Canada from London,England I had a pair of nail clippers confiscated, last August. Probably a good thing, those nail clippers can be outright deadly in the hands of a well trained Green Beret, skilled in the arts of "forget the plethora of other deadly objects readily at hand, I'll use this micro sized nail file fu".

Regards,

Shaun.

Don't forget how sharp you can get a set of fingernails, too, eh?

:rolleyes:

Back