Lost in the mail…

I ordered a Microjimbo that should have been delivered on Monday. Not only is there no knife but the tracking has stopped updating. I’m being told there is nothing that can be done until it is missing for 7 days.

I feel like an addict watching by the door and updating the tracking website to see if anything has changed.

Have you had something get lost before? How did it work out?

I’m just venting and wanting to make myself feel better about the situation.

Got an incoming package right now that has just been updating "in transit to next facility, arriving late"... every day for 4 days.

It's one state over, and has been in the post for 10 days total. So you're not alone ;)

Well at least I’m not the only one. I did not know this was common.

Hopefully all of our packages arrive soon.

I've had them get stuck, I've them tour the country, and I've had them misdelivered. Then there was one that hit my local post office and went out for delivery...in the wrong direction...three days in a row. (They finally got it right, lol; but it certainly wasn't confidence inspiring.)
The only one that literally disappeared was a decent sized pelican case. I ended up getting a refund from the seller.

Every package that I've ordered recently (knife or other) has been later then the expected date. It's almost to the point that it's a pleasant suprise if it shows up on time! 😆

I recently ordered a small electrical connector for my car and had it sent from the US to the UK with USPS.
In the past it would have taken 5-10 working days with USPS International. The package got as far as a USPS International depot in Pennsylvania where it sat for a month while USPS filled the international bag in the hopes of saving a few pennies.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.........Offer a crappy service for barely less money and watch while your customers go to private companies for shipping, then complain why less people are using USPS and your costs are higher so your delivery times suck and therefore more people go to private companies.........?? 😳

With the proliferation of online sales and covid USPS should be rocking it, but the exact opposite is true. Sad that such an amazing institution has been run into the ground.

I recently ordered a small electrical connector for my car and had it sent from the US to the UK with USPS.
In the past it would have taken 5-10 working days with USPS International. The package got as far as a USPS International depot in Pennsylvania where it sat for a month while USPS filled the international bag in the hopes of saving a few pennies.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.........Offer a crappy service for barely less money and watch while your customers go to private companies for shipping, then complain why less people are using USPS and your costs are higher so your delivery times suck and therefore more people go to private companies.........?? 😳

With the proliferation of online sales and covid USPS should be rocking it, but the exact opposite is true. Sad that such an amazing institution has been run into the ground.
I agree with everything you said......unfortunately...👍🏻

I just watched one hop around New England before it made its way west and then it too seemed to stop with no word until it said out for delivery. So maybe.

Over 20 years ago now, I returned a product for refund via USPS and got tracking on it. It was going all of 40 miles north of Oregon's southern border from the PRK Bay Area. It took over two weeks as it made its way nearly to the East Coast before being rerouted correctly. I did the math: had I the time, I could have walked it there myself faster than USPS did it. This level of sloppiness/incompetence is nothing new, I'm afraid.

Yeah, I'd like someone at USPS to explain "efficiency" to me. I tracked one from Boulder City, NV to Las Vegas to Dallas to Houston to Dallas to Fort Worth to Lubbock to Amarillo to Liberal, KS. The one that sat for a week awaiting acceptance was 350 miles from my house and travelled over a thousand miles to get here. When I mail something from my P.O. box to another in town, it goes to Amarillo, TX to be sorted and then (if luck is with it) returns here for delivery.

I’m starting to see that the upcharge for UPS or FedEx might be worth it.

I use them for work which is where I do most of my shipping and receiving but the boxes come in looking like they were used as a soccer ball, but they are normally on time.

Lesson learned.

I live in the California.

My 1040 was "delivered" in 3 days to the IRS in Cincinnati yesterday.

My 540 is still "en route" and is expected to be delivered "late" to the Franchise Tax Board in Sacramento.

LOL! 🤷‍♂️

My 540 is still "en route" and is expected to be delivered "late" to the Franchise Tax Board in Sacramento.

LOL! 🤷‍♂️
As if anyone needs another reason to dislike the IRS…😀

Thanks for all of the encouragement. It seems it was delivered today… while I am out of town for work.

Just another reason to want to be home.

LOL! 🤷‍♂️

The package I mentioned in this thread is officially "lost" as per my service case. In the last week, the tracking updated with "In Transit To Next Facility, Arriving Late" every single day for seven days, as if it was being scanned. It wasn't.

Good luck OP, hope you have better luck than I did!

I had one that started Jan 22, went to an unknown facilty which later was identified as Charlotte, NC, finally escaping on Feb 2 and finally arriving here on the 5th. It showed "In transit to next facility" followed by "Processed through USPS facilty" 28057 day after day for more than a week.

Back