Loveless in Okinawa??

Looking for some help...
I'm visiting my son on Okinawa, and we all know there are a lot of Loveless knives over here in Japan. I've tried going to "outdoor" and cutlery stores but just get a blank look. Anyone know a point of contact? Any suggestions? Sure would hate to come this far and find out that just around the corner.... :D
thanks, greg

Matrix Aida, a business in/near Tokyo. I'll try to find the address/number. Also, there is a very old and very well know cutlrery store in downtown Tokyo that would know of Loveless. Find the Magazine "KNIFE." It will have lots of inofrmaiton. I'll be backl with more details and another contact ASAP.

Give Yoshimasa, or Yoshihito a call. They can tell you anything you want to know about Loveless in Japan. They can get you in touch with Kazuo Okayasu, another dealer in Tokyo, who can help.
Sorry I'm so slow, I'll blame Thanksgiving, or just being disorganized. Hope I'm not too late.

Aida, Yoshihito - Knifemaker
26-7, Narimasu 2-chome
Itabashi-Ku, Tokyo, JAPAN 175-0094
81-3-3939-0052
Fax 81-3-3939-0058
web: http://riverside-land.com

Thanks Steve. I have a few days left and will try to make contact. Here's hoping.... :)

The Aida's are some of the best folks you'll meet. Just call and say you need to speak to someone about Bob Loveless. Do you speak Japanese? If not, Yoshimasa speaks English very well. Kazuo Okayasu speaks English well, also, if you can get his number, he has a cutlery shop, too. I think it it has "Ok-yess" as part of the name. They know Bob personally and probably have some superb Loveless knives that you could see. Is this internet and this forum great, or what? Glad I caught you before you came home. Good luck.

SR Johnson, You are correct and fine knives you make. I seen you knives there at Ok's shop. I hope to get one ,some day.

SRJ stated,
Kazuo Okayasu speaks English well, also, if you can get his number, he has a cutlery shop, too. I think it it has "Ok-yess" as part of the name. They know Bob personally and probably have some superb Loveless knives that you could see.

Mr Johnson, Okayau san is a good friend of mine and have good shop.

gk2410 send me a email and I can give you diections for OK's shop and number.

On Okinawa you may not find none. if you go down to Kokusai street in NAHA near the airport.

http://www.pacifichotel.jp/about-naha4.htm

If son is in military he can show you. It is the military shops on Kokusai street.

If coming to mainland (Tokyo) I can give you directions.

S/F,
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz

Back