• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Loveless Style Drop Point Hunters with Black Liners and Olive Canvas Micarta Handles

Just got mine today. I guess it's from the "second" run from this thread- olive handles with red liners with nice pouch sheath. Exceptionally nice knife.

the guy stated he had them finished and made. a few members said we should cut the guy some slack because sometimes orders are just late and health reasons ect. the guy lied in the first sentence of his ad. people claim he was selling on other forums. who would put their money down a second time? in other words i can come on here and say i have knives for sale made and finished, collect money, then make the knives when its comfortable for me? he used you guys for a quick loan, with no interest on his part. a quick $900. let me guess he charged you paypal fees too. i am glad you got the knives, but i think people should be warned if he pops up with more knives all ready to go! woodster

MY expirence with Mr Norfleet..

I ordered an knife and paid a deposit, and was promised my knife in 3 months time. Never happened we went back and forth for a year with nothing but broken promises. But in the mean time I saw the exact same knife ordered sold on ebay.

I questioned him and he stated that that was not my knife and all he had to do for my knife was finish the sheath a few more weeks went by and I emailed him demanding the knife or a refund.
He resonded with a long winded email about how someone walked into the shop and offered him $150 more than I had agreed to pay for the knife and he claims he refused but I still have to wait a few weeks.

So reading between the lines I can see that he had made my knife 2 times and sold it out from underneath me.

It was not until I threathen to report this as mail fraud did I get a refund.

I would hope he changed his ways but it would take alot of convincing before I would order from him again

I started a thread in the Feedback Thread GBU about my experience with this unscrupulous maker. It was a most unpleasant ordeal trying to deal with this person. I am convinced that based on my experience and feedback from others over the past two years that he will NEVER change his ways. Buyer beware!

MY expirence with Mr Norfleet..

I ordered an knife and paid a deposit, and was promised my knife in 3 months time. Never happened we went back and forth for a year with nothing but broken promises. But in the mean time I saw the exact same knife ordered sold on ebay.

I questioned him and he stated that that was not my knife and all he had to do for my knife was finish the sheath a few more weeks went by and I emailed him demanding the knife or a refund.
He resonded with a long winded email about how someone walked into the shop and offered him $150 more than I had agreed to pay for the knife and he claims he refused but I still have to wait a few weeks.

So reading between the lines I can see that he had made my knife 2 times and sold it out from underneath me.

It was not until I threathen to report this as mail fraud did I get a refund.

I would hope he changed his ways but it would take alot of convincing before I would order from him again

Check this out. So I ordered a knife from him several months ago and he promised delivery in 30 days. This sounded good, so I paid him (he requires full payment up front) and waited. And waited. And waited. Whenever I would check on the status every couple of weeks or so after the original promise date had long passed, he would often take a long time to respond to e-mails, and every time he responded it was either almost done, or would be done in a couple of weeks, or it needed a final polish, or it was scheduled to be shipped out that week. This went on for months but nothing was ever shipped. Then he wasn't responding to my e-mails.

Now I am willing to wait a year or two or even longer for a knife, but not when I pay the full amount up front, and not when the maker keeps shining me on with clearly made up stories and broken promises.

So I sent him an e-mail from a different e-mail address so he would not recognize me, inquiring about his knives. NOW he got back to me super pronto - in a matter of just a few hours - and claimed he had some knives that were almost complete and he could get the knife to me in just TWO WEEKS (!!!) if I would just send him the money now. Meanwhile he had not responded to the last couple of messages I sent him days ago about the knife I had already ordered. LOL! So then I told him who I was and demanded a refund or I would take it up with law enforcement. At that point he did send me a refund.

The funny thing is that his website says that he doesn't give out his telephone number and doesn't accept PayPal any more because there are "too many scammers." Too, too funny.

I don't care how nice his knives might be, I can't do business like that.

So . . . caveat emptor.

Back