Lusk Creek Wilderness, Illinois

I hiked though it while thru hiking the River to River Trail last summer. I really enjoyed it, and actually never saw another person on a few segments. Others are much more used by equestrians. It is a beautiful area. Enjoy!

I've spent a lot of time in the Shawnee National Forest and the area's state parks, but it's been a few years since my last visit there. We also visited Snake Road, Burden Falls, the Salt Well, Trigg Tower, Cache Creek, Pamona Bridge, Giant City, and Bell Smith Springs on this trip. Perfect timing with the wildflowers blooming and cool temperatures.

Excellent! You hit up some great spots! I was at snake road a few weeks ago, but only saw one cottonmouth. Did you have any luck there?

Are the links you provided your pics? If so, excellent job. They are gorgeous!

Thank you, yes, that website is mine and all of the photos were taken by me. It's hard to keep up with though, because I travel so much.

Amazing that the snakes were out in IL this early... and cotton mouths to boot. By the way, your pictures are excellent as always.

Thanks. We also visited Tennessee, the Reelfoot Lake area, during the week and saw a lot of turtles. If the weather's right for turtles, it's right for snakes. :)

Back