Lynn Griffith Patrolman

bbtjohn, then SHUT UP! duh
tongue.gif

bttjohn,

Please back up the truck and pull in a little more smoothly, and you'll be fine.
smile.gif

Originally posted by steveb:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
paranoid9999 "I think what a maker deems acceptable to sell to someone says a lot about that maker."

steveb "I think it may say more about the buyer. I`ve never seen serrations on any of Lynn`s knives and doubt they`d be there unless the buyer requested them. Maybe Lynn doesn`t like these serrations either, but if that`s what a customer wants, why not give him what he wants? I think that`s a good thing for a custom knifemaker to do."

Reply: Maybe the customer is always right. Still, I think that if a the car manufacturer Porshe was asked to manufacture a moped they would either laugh and not do it or produce one that would impress. My point is that if the maker was satisfied with the work I think that says a lot. "Not my best work" or "failed experiment" cannot adequately explain anything after the maker puts his name on the knife. This is not to say that LGK does not produce good knives. Frankly, I don't think that so many people who repeatedly purchase his not inexpensive knives are idiots. I think that its a bad example of his otherwise fine work but an example that may continue to haunt him. Not looking to flame or be flamed but isn't it possible that LG could produce a bad example, a sample not indicative of 99.99% of his work? I believe LG fans are being called "blind" or "groupies" because they, individually or collectively, cannot concede this point. I think that it was said that A. G Russel can make an imperfect knife, and I think that's all that's been said here as well.

[This message has been edited by paranoid9999 (edited 05-17-2000).]

bbtjohn - As the old saying goes
"Ask a Marine". About your exploits around the Globe..., while you were there in the Air... I was there on the GROUND.

------------------
-------------------------
Marine Sniper Motto:
There's no use Running, you'll only Die Tired!

Gosh, all this stuff going one and I missed it!

Say, what do guys think of maddog knives? And one more thing: are sebenzas really the best knife made--period?

------------------
Hoodoo

The low, hoarse purr of the whirling stone—the light-press’d blade,
Diffusing, dropping, sideways-darting, in tiny showers of gold,
Sparkles from the wheel.

Walt Whitman

" This quote of yours should recieve the Pulitzer Prize for best knife quotes" --> Thanks for the kind words Donna! I am honored, and embarrassed by your comment.
redface.gif

Hoodoo - one can of worms at a time
wink.gif
I've never seen, or handled a MDK. Sebenza -> I've owned two and sold both.
tongue.gif

Rockspyder, it take a BIG person to apologize like you have: I wasn't ever offended by what you have said - u are OTAY dude.
smile.gif

In regards to the gentleman who felt that this post had the intention of causing a maker to lose business ---> "make a good knife and it will sell itself". I will have to agree with rockspyder's comment on how the knife should have been discarded. No one put a gun to the makers head to put serrations on a knife. A knife is a makers foot print in the sand so to speak. A maker shouldn't have to compromise his style. I doubt he would go hungry from not making that knife: it appears that he is getting top money for his daily user style knives.

My two posts have covered facts about the knife. The comment about the steak knife is exactly what my wife thought it was when she first saw the pic/banner and later the knife.
wink.gif
It was a joke! Geez.
rolleyes.gif

I have to say "practice what you preach", and
"you have made your bed, so go lie in it now" .

For those of you who have the luxury attending the BLADE SHOW next week: stop at a favorite maker's table, handle their knives, and judge for yourself. Too often people spend their hard earned $ on a custom without ever seeing, and fondling a makers knives. Each of us should shop carefully. Too often people buy things due to HYPE and exposure.
frown.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Originally posted by maddog2020:
Rockspyder, it take a BIG person to apologize like you have: I wasn't ever offended by what you have said - u are OTAY dude.
smile.gif

Thanks MD2020. :blush:
redface.gif

I will have to agree with rockspyder's comment on how the knife should have been discarded.

Ummm... MD2020... um.... I think it was someone else that actually said that. Not that it is wrong, but I don't think I said it.
confused.gif

------------------
iktomi

My BAD, rockspyder <-- very sorry about that dude. I remeber reading a post that said that, but of course I can't find it right now (some one help me out here....LOL).

I'm not going to edit my post (so I won't be accused of something down the road --> some folks post stuff and THEN DELETE IT/EDIT IT ), please omit my error using rockspyder as the poster of that comment. May be it was Penguin (sorry it if wasn't you, too!)?!$# Its been a bad day - I was home with my sick toddler.
frown.gif
You guys who are parents KNOW what I am talking about.
wink.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

Originally posted by Hillbillenigma:
"Ask a Marine". About your exploits around the Globe..., while you were there in the Air... I was there on the GROUND.

Hillbilly, Go back and read my post....sure I flew in, but jumped out....Did you get your feet wet coming ashore?

Gary

Originally posted by Hillbillenigma:

Hillbilly, Go back and read my post....sure I flew in, but jumped out....Did you get your feet wet coming ashore?

Gary

MADDOG2020,
Tweren't me made that comment & I can't remember who either - No offense taken! I know the feeling! Had an opportunity to use both my Rhino Pup & new Patrolman last week at the Tennis Club all week( I take a vacation to go to work at my second job ) - the Patrolman may look like a steak knife, feel like a steak knife but it sure cuts a d$@n sight better than any steak knife I've used. I wore it as a neck knife all week for 8-15 hours a day &it never was uncomfortable or inthe way. Besides being a good size for everyday use like the Rhino Pup I did not get one negative comment about it from the "sheeple" who were in the Pro Shop or people watching me do their grips. Oh and by the way it did an incredible job on the 24 oz. Prime Rib at J. R. Stockyards the other night!! The waitress gave me some funny looks but I wasn't going to use their piece of s*$t when I had my trusty PatrolSteakMan knife at hand.

Have a great day!
Bill

No problem, maddog2020.
smile.gif
I think it was actually TomW that said it, in his Patrolman review.

------------------
iktomi

Back