M-18 With More Belly

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
How much more belly? This much, haha:

Murph's M-18:

M-18Pt2.png~original

Mo belly :D :

M-18Belly2.png~original

Difference:

M-18Belly2-1.gif~original

It may not be pretty, but I'll bet it's a choppin' bastard. ;)

EDIT: A little less belly:

M-18LessBelly.png~original

Last edited:
Wowzers. With that belly, my first thought was that it'd make a good kukri.

Looks just like a kukri. ;)

I don't think the man has seen this one yet. I'm sitting here with him, I'll show him.

I don't think the man has seen this one yet. I'm sitting here with him, I'll show him.

Cool. I was looking at the M-18 a few days ago, when I was making the avatar, thinking about this. Curved usually chops better than flat, me thinks. Also, the extra belly matches the curve on the top of the blade as well. Looks good, imo.

O.k. somebody get Dubz away from the computer. :D

Seriously, it would probably increase its chopping ability, I agree. However, it is no slouch in the chopping department now. AND, it would hinder its other functions. AANNDD. It would add even more wieght. Its already wieghing in at 2lbs.

I don't want to reveal to much now. But, there's some exciting things happening with the M-18. Me, Murph, and my Dad have been working on some things to help up production so were hoping we will be having a abundance of them fairly soon. If so, we'd like to send you one Dubz to play with on one of your weekend excursion. I'm not saying it can't be improved on. But I'm saying that usually people have no idea of what its capable of until they get one in there hand.

O.k. somebody get Dubz away from the computer. :D

Seriously, it would probably increase its chopping ability, I agree. However, it is no slouch in the chopping department now. AND, it would hinder its other functions. AANNDD. It would add even more wieght. Its already wieghing in at 2lbs.

I don't want to reveal to much now. But, there's some exciting things happening with the M-18. Me, Murph, and my Dad have been working on some things to help up production so were hoping we will be having a abundance of them fairly soon. If so, we'd like to send you one Dubz to play with on one of your weekend excursion. I'm not saying it can't be improved on. But I'm saying that usually people have no idea of what its capable of until they get one in there hand.
2 lbs is for pussies. :D Haha, just kidding. I have no doubts of it's chopping abilities. I'll bet it's a chopping machine. I was reading an article once online about the curvature of an axe blade chopping better that the straight bladed ones, etc. What made me think of it a few days ago. The straight edge would also be a hell of a lot easier to sharpen.

Iffin you wanna send me one, then I say, hell yes. Would love to check one out, as well as photograph the shit out of it. ;)

I also gotta make Murph another M-18. The one he has was the very first one, and hince the ugliest one. It suites Murphs ugly butt pretty good, but I cringe everytime I see pics of it. Id like to think they are a little more attractive now. However, there is nothing we can do for Murph at this point.

I also gotta make Murph another M-18. The one he has was the very first one, and hince the ugliest one. It suites Murphs ugly butt pretty good, but I cringe everytime I see pics of it. Id like to think they are a little more attractive now. However, there is nothing we can do for Murph at this point.

Murph had the straightest on photo of the M-18 at the time, which is why I chose it to cut out and use. The new ones do look better. I like the higher grind, scales, etc. I did like the hole in the finger guard, but, oh well, life goes on.

I liked the hole too. But we all know why its gone. There's no hard feelings over it. You can imagine my suprise when I got a phone call from the man himself one night as I was working in my shop. Politely, asking me to omit it on future models. I thought it all most humorous that a man in his position was calling me worried about what I do in my little shop in my back yard. But, he was real cool, and we talked like old friends for almost a hour. Nothing but respect on my end.

I liked the hole too. But we all know why its gone. There's no hard feelings over it. You can imagine my suprise when I got a phone call from the man himself one night as I was working in my shop. Politely, asking me to omit it on future models. I thought it all most humorous that a man in his position was calling me worried about what I do in my little shop in my back yard. But, he was real cool, and we talked like old friends for almost a hour. Nothing but respect on my end.
I've read other stuff on the forums about it too. It's a Busse trademark. He explained it in this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ature-of-Busse-Knives?p=10588448#post10588448

Every response I've read from Busse about it, has been commendable. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

I've read other stuff on the forums about it too. It's a Busse trademark. He explained it in this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ature-of-Busse-Knives?p=10588448#post10588448

Every response I've read from Busse about it, has been commendable. Seems like a pretty cool guy.

Yeah, I didn't understand the whole thing at first, but then again I'm just a simpleton. :D he took the time to explain his logic to me when he didn't have to, and once he did, I got it. He told me to come by his booth at blade and he'd buy me a beer, but when I got there, you couldn't get 20 ft. from it. So, I bought myself a beer. :thumbup:

M-18 #1 needs to be preserved to go down in history...we all know Murph is a lost cause in the attractive category.:rolleyes:

M-18 #1 needs to be preserved to go down in history...we all know Murph is a lost cause in the attractive category.:rolleyes:

Goodness, I can smell the jealousy from here. Keep on hatin'

Back