Magnacut Santoku

I'm liking the pointy hybridized nose: somewhere between a santoku & a kiritsuke maybe. đź‘Ť Thx for sharing your work.

What are the dimensions (blade length, spine thickness, hardness, etc)?

Looks fantastic, I hope more and more makers start using this steel in cooking knives.

I’d love for someone to take advantage of the toughness of Magnacut and go super thin on the blade like the Japanese do.

Looks fantastic, I hope more and more makers start using this steel in cooking knives.

I’d love for someone to take advantage of the toughness of Magnacut and go super thin on the blade like the Japanese do.
Thanks! Yes it is a very nice steel, though it's usually a pain to work with.
Actually this one is very thin, much thinner than this and you run the risk of it edge deformation.

Thanks! Yes it is a very nice steel, though it's usually a pain to work with.
Actually this one is very thin, much thinner than this and you run the risk of it edge deformation.
Is it a pain to work with? Who would have thought, that’s really interesting to hear.

My Miyabi Santoku is like 2mm thick and gives that effortless cutting feeling that’s hard to describe, do you know how the Japanese get the blades so thin?

Is it a pain to work with? Who would have thought, that’s really interesting to hear.

My Miyabi Santoku is like 2mm thick and gives that effortless cutting feeling that’s hard to describe, do you know how the Japanese get the blades so thin?
High end Japanese knives aren't any better than high end Western knives, they're just different.
Some Japanese style knives may have a thinner spin, but the little extra weight on this knife means that the blade will do more of the cutting work. What matters more is geometry at the edge, and the edge geometry on this knife is as thin or thinner than the high end Japanese knives I've seen. Also the slight convex on this blade means food's less likely to stick, making it have even less resistance when cutting.

Reactions: kms
Hello Ladies and Germs,
This is my take on a simple Santoku with premium materials.
The blade is CPM Magnacut and the handle is some nice lined vintage micarta from Fixall Fixall with some bronze pins.
Hope you like it!
View attachment 2281080
View attachment 2281081
View attachment 2281082
View attachment 2281083
View attachment 2281084

Catchmod a platform that provides many applications to watch anime and live TV for free, here you will experience unique and interesting entertainment on their devices. With the goal of creating a diverse online store of animated content and TV shows, Catchmod is the ideal destination for lovers of this genre.
Great looking simple but beautiful, I really want to buy but is the delivery time fast?

Back