• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Magnetic utility flipper knife - the Dragon-Fly (SOLD)

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello dear friends,

With God's good will today i have the pleasure to present you a new concept of an utility knife - the Dragon-Fly.

All parts are CNC machined while the fit and finish was done by hand to assure a nice action and quality look.

The main body is made using 3k carbon fiber and black linen micarta, the spacer is made using vintage brown linen micarta while the pivot washer is made out of toxic green Juma snakeskin. The blade is sliding on cnc machined bronze washers and uses the Japanese OLFA CKB-2. The detent for both opening and closing is assured by neodymium magnets. The pivot is made using solid brass on my precision lathe.

The action is very pleasant and 'fast' with a nice pitch click. Please not that the blade does not have a locking mechanism and it acts like a friction folder once opened so this might be an advantage in places where fixed/locking blades are prohibited.

Of course that the overall setup is very light ;)

The price for this knife is 95 usd (please ad 10 usd for shipping).

All and only the best, God bless,
Bogdan

1.jpg2.jpg

what blades does this use?
I like the design
thanks
Thank you very much for the kind words my dear friend - it uses the Japanese OLFA CKB-2 ;)

Slight adjusted price as i would really love for this to get into someone's hands and see a 'real world' review ;) - 85 usd (please ad 10 usd for shipping)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

woodysone woodysone - thank you very much good friend, may it serve you well (sorry for the late post reply but we worked it through PM and the knife is already in it's way to you ;))!
86 power 86 power - thank you mate!

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Back