Mankal......Well??

Have you hit it yet?
Don't let Dan mess with it, at least until you get a chance to use it a few times. Got an excellent deal Andy. That's a fine tool.
I look forward to banging around on it sometime soon.
(If Mama makes you sell it......first dibs!)

Mama is OK with it I guess. She hasn't mentioned it again anyway. Dink built the stand for me this week to a plan I drew up. Finished today. I did beat some metal on it. I forged the clips to hold it down.

I also forged out the tang on a knife from a file. Going to be a hidden tang.

Still haven't gone any further with it, but I did get a letter from its previous owner about its history. What a nifty little perk to finally finding a decent anvil.

Guys, I'll have pics up as soon as I'm done with the stand. I got a beauty of an anvil when I was up at Trackrock with Carl.

A few pics of this weeks hidden tang knife I made per y'alls request. I had fun doing this project and will do more. The knife is stock removal though. Its my Hiking Buddy pattern. I scribed out a bunch of these, bushcraft kardas, and a bushfinger too. The weight is what sold me. This thing is really light compared to a hiking buddy with same steel thickness in this batch.

Its been over 1200 knives since I made a stick tang. This one is mine. Y'all will have more coming. I couldn't help thinking of my old Allen Blade knife as I was making this one. Really, though, it was traced from the Hiking Buddy pattern.

20120427DSC00191-vi.jpg

20120427DSC00192-vi.jpg

20120427DSC00195-vi.jpg

20120427DSC00196-vi.jpg

On thread topic, I got some rod this week to forge into fireplace pokers. I liked that project. Quick, and useful at the end. Not a knife. Thats what I like in forging.

Andy, it looks good. Please post pictures of the fireplace pokers and any other non knife project when you get the chance. I'd love to see them.

By the way, I'd love to see some of your 4" or larger knives with Hidden tangs.

Heh, heh, heh, Carl gotcha, you're hooked in now! Great buy and lotsa fun ahead!

Back