March update

Bobby Branton

I usually keep this stuff private, but since it will affect my business, I want you keep everyone up to speed on what has been happening.

I went in for a routine physical and everything came out great except for some blood in my urine. They sent me for a ultra sound and that showed that I had four kidney stones.

They then sent me in for a CT scan Monday and I had the follow up visit today. I have to go in for emergency surgery. The kidney stone is 1.5 inches in diameter and has some urine and blood blocked in my kidney that can't escape. They were afraid it could turn septic. I had surgery to break up the stone and remove it on the 21st

I am recovering fine, but I have one more surgery on Monday morning at 7:30 am. It should be a outpatient surgery to do a final clean out and inspection before they remove the tube from my kidney.

It should take a week to get my strength back up and begin to get back to work in the shop.

I have a few people who have been more than patient with me for a couple of folders and I will trying to get them taken care of ASAP and begin on the next phase for Branton Knives.

Thanks for the support and I will be back full time real soon. Scroll down for pics of the broken up stone.
Bobby

Last edited:
Made it through my second operation this morning. They removed a few more stones and took the tubes out of my back. I should be back up and running by the end of the week.
Thanks for your prayers and support.
Bobby

oh my lord, thats a huge stone! i dont know what'd i'd do if i had one in me like that. i heard they're excruciatingly painful

Get Well Soon Mr. Branton ! You'll be back In the Shop & working on them Boy Scout Bushcraft Knive's before you know It, Take Care !

A clearer pic of the stones from the first surgery. The ring is a size 12 which is approx 1 inch OD.
st-4.jpg

Second surgery
st-3.jpg

Back