Marcinko's "Field Fighter"?

Well, i read Red Cell again last night, great book imo. It mentioned a blade called the "Field Fighter", and seemed to indicate that it was some kind of custom. Anyone know more about it?

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

Yea, it was a custom knife by Robert Spear. He has a book on knife fighting and he uses it in there. A lot of pictures of it there. Looks like a common bowie mostly. I real good field knife that can be used for anything.

------------------
--------------------------------------
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY
Fear the man that owns only one rifle,
he likely knows how to use it.
- Anonymous
Ben Lee
Computer Science, Student, Senior
AOL IM: MSURifleman
www2.netdoor.com/~rifleman
www2.msstate.edu/~brl2

Later on in his books he spacifically names using the Emerson CGC6 and the book stated that he paid over $600 for it, so I wrote him and told him he got ripped off because you can buy an Emerson CGC6 for about $400. His reply was that "yeah,but the military always spends more on everything" (or something to that affect.)

------------------
Ron,
Now Thets-A-Noif Shop
Bremerton, Washington

That book was written before Emerson collaborated with Benchmade to produce the CQ-7, and long before Emerson had his own company. So $600 for a true Emerson custom might not be to bad. How many of the customs coming out of his shop now are even "touched" by him?
If I remember correctly he lost that knife too! Damn!

------------------
"May you live in interesting times"

AKTI - A000389

Way back at the dawn of time, when Spear intro’d the Field Fighter, I thought it was a pretty funky looking knife. Wanted one, but thought $159 or whatever it cost at that time was too much to pay for a knife.

Imagine that!

As I said, way back at the dawn of time. Oh, how I have evolved now!

------------------
Allbest,

Jim Six
Adventure, Intrigue & Cheap Thrills
jim@six.org
www.jim.six.org

Back