• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mark Hilliard revisited

Dave Ellis here,it get's stranger and stranger.
After finding that $3300 was taken out of my account by the credit card company I researched and found an email address for Mark Hilliard work (I think).I emailed that he should contact me as the email address he used to order the knives last December was not active.
Today I received two emails from Mark Hilliard-The first said that he was amazed to see that I was flinging mud at his name on the forums.He said that after further investigation found that a family member did order the knives from me (my order came from Mark Hilliard,not a family member).
He apologized and assures me that the money will be put back in my account as he straightened out the credit card company,he would appreciate if I post that he is not a dishonest person.
I emailed him today asking him to take care of his problems with Les Robertson and Triple Aught....We shall see what happens,
Sincerely,
Dave Ellis,ABS.M.S.

I'm completely naive when it comes to these matters, so I have a dumb question.

How custom were these Emersons? Do they have serial numbers on them? I think most of the ones I've seen, don't have numbers. :(

However, I know some knives do. If we EVER see a hot number come up, isn't that pretty much damnable evidence?

I know on photo.net they have a stolen item registry, with serial numbers, or at least, identifiable traits. This is probably even more viable with knives, since they're so distinct and tend to move around in fairly tight circles.

At the least, dealers who check the registry could find out if a knife that's being offered to them had been previously acquired through dubious means.

I don't know if it would work, but...

-Jon

Dave:
It appears it is just getting a wee bit "hot" for Hilliard, so the excuses are flowing. His line that some family member had $3300 worth of knives that he did not know about is suspect at best.
Keep following through with what I suggested in the E-mail. Let's make it extremely uncomfortable for Hilliard and see if he straightens out his other debts that are also quite large.
I smell a very fishy fish that has been chucked onto the beach and is flailing and flapping. I say it's time to filet his BUTT:mad: :mad:

Ira

Ira,

I agree with you on that one - we need to get this guy! :mad:

Regards,

Ed

Well I have received many emails today from Mark Hilliard explaining the situation,my bank has yet to (they swear my money will be back next week,I believe them)return my money.
Les Robertson has been told by Hilliard that his money is going through, so i guess it is a wait and see.
In my opinion and mine alone there are just too many coincidences,I have a hard time believing that someone in Mr. Hilliards family charged $3300 on his card (in my case alone) without him knowing it and I have disputed charges on my own credit card,I know the complete process.
I am glad if and when Les and I get our refunds,can I in good faith go on these Forums and pronounce Mark Hilliard and honorable gentleman?Not in this lifetime folks.I know what an honest mistake is,I also know that when something gives off an odor,I stay away.
One mans thoughts,
Dave Ellis,ABS,M.S.
http://www.exquisiteknives.com
P.S.-The two knives in question were a no date CQC-7 (Cherry Knife) and a wonderful CQC-6.

Back