• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Marlin spikes, forged stainless

Are all of the ones pictured other than the three claimed above still available? and Are have any new ones been made that aren't pictured? I need one of these.

More fresh pictures.
P7180029.jpg

I was just headed to the ShopTalk area to see if anyone would be interested in forging me a marlin spike...I kid you not...!!! :eek:

Would you be willing to make one for me that is slightly different? If not, I completely understand.

I need it to be 5.5"-6" long
Pointy on one end :D
"Hook" on the other end *
Twisty in the middle and straight as an arrow

* how small of a hook could you make? I need a hook that is small enough to pull a single strand of paracord and no bigger (make sense?)
Probably about the size of the very end hook in the pic in the post above....but this shape => ?

If so, let me know!

Thanks!

Dan

mike - i'll take the 3rd one from the left.

Thanks!

Dan

Mike-

From the newest batch (the picture posted yesterday), I will take the one on the far left. PM me your PayPal address, please. I have been looking for one of these for a while now!

Thanks,
Tom

Mike,

Well, like I told you, I have no use for these at all. Luckily, that never stopped me before. Time permitting I'll come pick one out this week. I just dig them.

Jason

Is the second from the left in the pic in post # 26 available? If so, I'll take it!

Thanks, Mike. Paypal sent (transaction id: 4TA539162H496484D). Thank you for getting back to me so quick and can't wait to use this beauty!!!

Hey Mike! Got my spike today! Gorgeous!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it, absolutely love it! The weight is perfect. The finish is beautiful! This work of art will be passed down, generation to generation. I'm honored to have it. Plus, these will make beautiful, one of a kind, gifts. I'll be ordering from you again in the future, my friend!!!!!

Hey Mike.....amazing work! These spikes are stunning!

Do you have, or can you make, one even smaller? Say around 3 inches?

Thanks!

RIDE

Thanks for the interest Ride. I have been working on smaller versions and specialty rope working tools for a few weeks now. The basic spike is started from 3/8" square stock and forged and polished to a taper for a distance of 3" to 4" and a overall length of 6" to 8" This Seams to be the size that works well for most rope work. The twists and turns and shape of the handle is personnel preference.
I have been making a thinner version from 1/4" stock that is more of an awl or sometimes a hook like a stout crochet hook.

Thanks for the interest Ride. I have been working on smaller versions and specialty rope working tools for a few weeks now. The basic spike is started from 3/8" square stock and forged and polished to a taper for a distance of 3" to 4" and a overall length of 6" to 8" This Seams to be the size that works well for most rope work. The twists and turns and shape of the handle is personnel preference.
I have been making a thinner version from 1/4" stock that is more of an awl or sometimes a hook like a stout crochet hook.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a unique use for this in mind...so the shorter the better. Sort of using it as a pick of sorts...hard to explain....but that is why I would need something closer to 3".

RIDE

Back