Mars to Earth Pig; come in Aardvark!

Aardvark, you there buddy? Did you ever get the Tim Lively knifemaking video you requested last year for Christmas from your family? If so, did I steer you straight?

Hope all is well,
stevo

Steveo, you're being obscure again. (not everyone knows you're from South Africa).

Did get the video as a gift from my younger son. Very interesting. Haven't had a chance to implement any of it. REALLY want to forge something, though. At this point, though, the height of my ambition is to teach myself to solder.

Bit of a gap there, wouldn't you say?

All is pretty much well. Got a promotion to manager at work last month. Don't spit. Sometimes, their ilk is useful. I hope to be.

BTW, how the F did you remember that I had put it on my Christmas list????

My brain is just one giant quagmire of random thoughts and memories. I was on my sentimental journey in the other thread, bemoaning all of the old timers that were MIA~ you have been somewhat scarce and came to mind. I think, stevo, what did you and Aardy talk about in the past (besides some of our odder discourses). Aha! Forging! Yes, yes, and all that. So there you have it. BTW, you must heat and beat some iron. Soldering can come to you at another time! What are you trying to solder anyhows? Maybe I have some pearls of wisdom (or not. I'm not above lying to you if it will raise my stature amongst our peers here).

I am glad that things are well. Things have been busy for me, got a couple of promotions in the last six months. First they made me an engineer, then they made me a stupidvisor of 3 technicians. They are all good guys, but one of them is crazier than a jaybird ~ has OCD I think. The guy fixates on things worse than RainMan! This being in charge of folks is a pain in the rump, that's what I say.

adios,
stevo

Well, managing is, umm, "different", that's for sure. Put's a new slant on things. Some good, some questionable.

The soldering is to put a guard on a knife. Silver solder. Never done it before. Actually, not a big hurry, since the file that I was grinding broke when I tried to straighten the tang. Well, better now that later, I always say. Well, Ok, maybe I've never said it before. But, I should have. Really!

My brain is just one giant quagmire of random thoughts and memories. >>>>>>> Stevomiller

So is mine. Most of the time I like it that way.

munk

Ardvaark?

Your email keeps on bouncing back.

Maybe my server doesn't like you, dunno.

still @excite?

Merry Christmas

Very funny.

The idiot dog just had some new neighbors come visit me. Seems they are evangelical folks, and have heard me screaming out, er, the lord's name when Bert does something stupid.

They thought I was having visions.

They were wrong. It was a brief visit.

Delusions, yes; visions,no.

Merry Christmas.

Kismet said:
Ardvaark?

Your email keeps on bouncing back.

Maybe my server doesn't like you, dunno.

still @excite?

Merry Christmas

That happened to me with Aardvarks email earlier this week. Then it went through just fine. Weird.

Steve

Edit: Probably because he got promoted to manager.:p

Aardvark said:
Go wash your mouth out with Scotch.

Haven't had any for a while. Hmmmm. Aardvark, your a GOOD influence on me. Gonna make a stop on the way home and pick some up!

Steve

Kismet said:
They were wrong. It was a brief visit.

If you simply moon them the visits are extremely brief.:thumbup: :D :cool: ;) :eek:

Speaking of old Christmas Traditions.....;)
Not Scotch but an old Christmas Tradition I used to have when I could still enjoy alcohol in amounts that I'm not allowed to have today was a nice bottle of Wild Turkey Liqueur.
Unless I had a large amount of friends over a bottle would last me until about the middle of April or May.

I still have a fair amount of McCallum's, and about four other brands of good single malts left from a few years back.
It's a funny thing - I loved the Wild Turkey Liqueur that was made from the Wild Turkey Whiskey but I never cared much for Drambuie which is made from Scotch Whisky.
But I might now if I tried it again, funny how tastes change.;)

For what it's worth, my last 'slip' with alcohol, involved Dewars scotch and drambuie. Mixed together they're called Rusty Nails. Anyway, throwing it all up a couple hours later, I don't recall any of the magic, mystique, old world craftsmenship, legend, or brave men with tales of courage and wisdom. I'd drank a lot of water, and the mildly smoky flood waters splashed about my shoes on the dirt road. Shortly after this I was 'busted' by my wife, and the entire memory has forever ruined whatever nostalgia I once had for straight scotch whiskey and drambuie. Dressed up anyway you like, for a guy like me it was all a bad time.

munk

Back