Master the art of throwing knives?

When the great pro cyclist Raymond Poulidor was asked "What kind of training should I do to become a great cyclist like yourself" his responce was "Ride a bike, ride a bike, ride a bike". :)

watch some youtube videos, or if you know anyone who is a good thrower have them give pointers.
Assuming you are starting from scratch, also get decent long and heavy throwers. The really cheap thin crappy throwers will be harder to stick. If you are spin throwing, take note of how the knife is striking the target and adjust your distance accordingly. Develop a consistent throw.

Yes, definitely look up all the Youtube videos you can. Also, you might not like it, but practice, practice, practice.

i agree, when i started I got knives from the store, they were small and light, then _ got some cold steel mini flight throwers, they are 10" long and about 3ounces they throw a lot easier so longer and heavier are good to start

make your own, out of 1/2" steel rod and grind semi-pencil point on both ends. This doubles your chances of a 'stick" and the weight of the rod is enough to do damage, whether or not it strikes your attacker point-first. Get at least 2, I'd say a dozen, so you need not go get it each time you throw it, and lose your 'feel" of what you just did. I favor an IWB sheath, 2 of the rods mounted right alongside of each other, worn just in front of the strong side hip, handles raked back so that the shirt drapes over them in a natural fashion. The weak side hand grabs the shirt and lifts it 'clear" of the rod's "tops". Grab one and throw it, but hang onto to the second one! :)

Back