• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Matt Bailey Catch and Release

ar33c9

Gold Member
Matt Bailey catch and release very nice but a bit small for my large hands. $175 shipped.
Click for pics from original post by Matt. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...h-Hamon-and-Leather?p=12864705#post12864705W2
Info-
Jigged Bone Pocket Fixed Blade with Hamon and Leather.
I forged this out of W2 at the same time I forged the other one out of 1084. I gave this one a slight recurve and still quenched with clay for a nice hamon. Of course the W2 shows the character of the hamon a bit better than the earlier 1084 one did. The blade has been polished to 2000 grit to really get the details of the hamon for the etch.
The handle is thin jigged bone scales. I have thicker scales, but I wanted this one thin because I wanted a low profile for the sheath and in the pocket. It is held in place with pins and G-flex epoxy. I jigged and treated the bone myself.
The sheath is a new design for me. It is designed for in the pocket carry. This one does not have a clip, but slips in the pocket completely. I hand tooled the leather with my own design. It is lined with soft buckskin and it holds the knife snugly.
Dimensions
Blade - 3 3/8" tip to handle
OAL - 7"

Last edited:
Back