Matt Tackett takes pride in his work....

Link isn't working for me.

I am fortunate to own one of Matt's knives and it is one of my favorite fixed blades ever. Hope it's not my last one.

Matt is great to deal with, and really does take a lot of pride in his work. The one knife I have gotten from him so far is awesome and has definitely been earning its keep. I hope you don't mind that I added a few pics to your feedback thread. I am working on a review of the knife I have but have been really busy lately,

mind? no sir. i welcome it. and, i have to say...i have admired that knife before. i have a feeling i will end up having to get one of those from Matt myself.

mind? no sir. i welcome it. and, i have to say...i have admired that knife before. i have a feeling i will end up having to get one of those from Matt myself.

Cool. And yes, I'm really digging this knife and I am really impressed, after all it's been through in the past few weeks, with Matt's edge and heat treating skills.

Cool. And yes, I'm really digging this knife and I am really impressed, after all it's been through in the past few weeks, with Matt's edge and heat treating skills.

good to know. i was definitely impressed with the FFG that matt put on this bushcrafter. can't wait to get it outside.

Glad you like it Todd!
btw that blade is convexed, I just don't push real hard on the belt so the curve is subtle. Lay something with a straight edge on the bevels and you will see the gentle curve.
Anyhow enjoy it man, that other one never should have left my shop!

Hey Mist how is that hamon holding up with use? my goal with those was figure out a way where they would stick around and not disapear with use. Which is why the upper area is etched a little more. In other words does it work as I intended?!?

Glad you like it Todd!
btw that blade is convexed, I just don't push real hard on the belt so the curve is subtle. Lay something with a straight edge on the bevels and you will see the gentle curve.
Anyhow enjoy it man, that other one never should have left my shop!

good to know. and, even better! ... as far as i'm concerned.

Hey Mist how is that hamon holding up with use? my goal with those was figure out a way where they would stick around and not disapear with use. Which is why the upper area is etched a little more. In other words does it work as I intended?!?

The hamon is holding up fine man, it's doing great. I have some better pics that show some wear marks in the blade from use but nothing problematic or anything. I can't post those...technically they don't belong to me.

I was just checking to see if that style of hamon held up ok. Not sure I follow on the ownership! But I think I might have a clue

I was just checking to see if that style of hamon held up ok. Not sure I follow on the ownership! But I think I might have a clue

It's holding up fine man, I suspect your clue is right. These photos were taken as part of a project for which the rights to the photos will be sold to a publisher :)

Todd, excellent looking knife. Cocobolo has to be one of my top 3 woods for almost anything. Although I do not own one of Matt's knives . . . yet, & from the posts from yourself & Mist, sounds like you could not go wrong with any of his models.
Matt, good on you for this above and beyond customer service, something severely lacking in this day and age . . . . no matter how big the "company" is.
Great job on the knife and the service . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

Back