Mayhem opinions

Does anybody have any opinions on a cold steel Mayhem? It doesn't use a Triad lock it uses a axis lock which I know little about. It comes with the normal Aus 10a Steel. However the price is $229 at the knife Center which is pre-order only they nor bhq don't have any. So what's your opinion on the Mayhem do you like it do you not like it what's up?.

I was just thinking if GSM is going to mass produce the Mayhem that may be a good sign that they will keep the existing product line available, such as the mega folders.
I believe GSM will try to phase out Tri-ad lock models after the patent runs out , in favor of their exclusive Atlas lock .

If the market will accept paying more for Atlas lock's weaker performance ?

Last edited:
I believe GSM will try to phase out Tri-ad lock models after the patent runs out , in favor of their exclusive Atlas lock .

It appears to me that the atlas lock is a failure. And I think you're right it looks to be that they want to get rid of the Triad lock. That will be the final nail in the coffin for Cold Steel. That's just my opinion. Thanks for the video

It appears to me that the atlas lock is a failure. And I think you're right it looks to be that they want to get rid of the Triad lock. That will be the final nail in the coffin for Cold Steel. That's just my opinion. Thanks for the video
I'm not ready to write off Cold Steel just yet .

Still time to change direction . 🙏

Nitpicking a bit here, but I don't think it is fair to call it a failure. It is simply inferior, perhaps very inferior.

I trust the Triad to survive stupid levels of abuse that cause lesser locks to fail. I still buy and use other lock types, and I will put the atlas lock in that catagory.

Nitpicking a bit here, but I don't think it is fair to call it a failure. It is simply inferior, perhaps very inferior.

I trust the Triad to survive stupid levels of abuse that cause lesser locks to fail. I still buy and use other lock types, and I will put the atlas lock in that catagory.
Yeah , I don't think it's a worthless design . Probably stronger than lots of what's out there already .

I just don't see it doing the hard use jobs where the Tri-ad excels ...and doing better . As GSM hype implies .

Yeah , I don't think it's a worthless design . Probably stronger than lots of what's out there already .

I just don't see it doing the hard use jobs where the Tri-ad excels ...and doing better . As GSM hype implies .
I remember seeing a video where Demko says it’s hard to design a hard use lock that’s fidget friendly.

I'll be interested to see if it really is an inferior lock, or if this is just an isolated incident or a kink in the production that they can iron out... The Mayhem looks kind of interesting but I'm not in a hurry to buy it when I have an Espada.

I doubt that Cold Steel will phase out the Tri-Ad lock, though. I think they're looking for new ways to differentiate themselves, since for a long time their product line has been heavily reliant on their patented lock. I'm sure they'll keep the Tri-Ad models that have become iconic since those sell well and define the company. But if other companies start making Tri-Ad locks, they'll need new ways to keep collectors interested in their products.

The place that had the good deals on the Trailmaster and other knives thats been mentioned here has them(s35vn limited version) for 259.00 they have had them for a week or more they had over 225 of them they are down to around a hundred or so...

The place that had the good deals on the Trailmaster and other knives thats been mentioned here has them(s35vn limited version) for 259.00 they have had them for a week or more they had over 225 of them they are down to around a hundred or so...

Wow that's a lot of them sold, hopefully a few were people here who can report back on how they like the knife!

Back