Mayo TNT

Just got it today, and all I can say is "WOW!" What's not to like? Perfect execution, frame lock, titanium, talonite, ergonomics, fit and finish-all first rate stuff.
I've got the large, and don't let the name fool you. It's a perfect carry size, slightly smaller than the large Sebenza. The titanium is satin finished; the talonite is satin finished, the clip allows deep-pocket carry (tip down), the oval hole in the blade allows ambi opening (lock bar has the ambi cut). The talonite blade is thick, perfectly ground, and shaving sharp. Simply a beautiful knife, and a joy to carry and use. Wow!

Ya Bastid!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

congrats paul! i like mine too! i was lucky, happened to check his site when he had some available, no waiting!!!

------------------
russ aka bladezealot

I like them too!
Thanks so much for your kind words... I have to say here that I spent about 6 months working up this design before I made the first one.......I have been using Stellite 6k for almost 16 years and so Talonite was right up my alley (although the price has gone up quite a bit since I bought 15 pounds 16 years ago) I have to thank Kit Carson and Ken Onion a lot for getting me going on this project...they are both great guys and a source of inspiration.... thanks again.
tongue.gif

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com
John 1:14
Love is Stronger than Death!

Paul,
congrats on a fantastic knife! You picked a great knife from a great maker!

Tom,
With this project/line of folders you are reaching the top of your craft - everything I have heard regarding the workmanship & design has been superlative - all that I've seen pictures of & the couple I've handled reflect this craftsmanship. You also are very gracious to recognize the inspiration & encouragment received from Kit & Ken, but you have rewarded that by carrying it through to such a high level of execution. I hope to be able to acquire a number of your TNT's in the future( once I get all of the pieces from Darrel paid off! He is keeping me broke right now! ) - looking toward early next year like Feb. to April. I will send an E-MAIL soon.

Bill

I have a large recurve TNT. What amazes me is how light this knife is compared to other titanium knives its size. It has a slim carry profile and yet is very comfortable in the hand. Lock up is tight and secure. It is hair popping sharp right out of the gate. I am well pleased with every aspect of this knife. It and the Munroe Chimera are the best folders available in the 3.5"-4" range,IMHO.
David

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

i decided to make mine ambidextrous yesterday. am i crazy, or what!
btw, before you get on me about the lighting tom, it helps hide flaws
smile.gif

View

------------------
russ aka bladezealot
a cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.
cats: the other white meat[courtesy of VG]

[This message has been edited by bladezealot (edited 03-23-2001).]

VERY good.....now you need to radius the bottom part of the clip for easier access.
smile.gif
Good move dude!

Ptpalpha-

Congratulations on #011. #017 sits in my pocket as I type. This is my everyday carry knife although I just bought a Kershaw Avalanche to carry when I go to Disneyland. Just can not stand the thought of losing my TNT in the crowds. So, Tom, what serial number of TNTs are we up to now?

-Steven

thanks tom
smile.gif
, i'll do that.

------------------
------------------
russ aka bladezealot
a cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.
cats: the other white meat[courtesy of VG]

Congrats, Paul.
biggrin.gif
The pride of my collection is a medium TNT #10 with JF style blade and thumb studs. I absolutely love this knife which I lovingly refer to as the "pit bull" because of it's beefy blade thickness.

Joe

Cool, Joe! I know what you mean about blade thickness; it's one of my favorite aspects of the TNT. I was surprised at the thickness when I first saw the knife. Very happily surprised, I might add.
I can't decide between the drop and the clip (point) for my next one (a medium). I've got the clip on my large, and although I am a die-hard fan of the drop point, this clip is so well executed I may be converting!
-Paul
PS-I can't figure out what JF and OM stand for. Tom?

Hi all,

OK, here are two questions to keep this thread going:

1) Pocket clip: yea or nea?

2) I'm not sure if any of the "VNT's" are floating around yet, but: Talonite (TNT) vs 420V (VNT) -- "which is better?"

Oh, and if those aren't worthy of debate, let's throw in a third question -- a perennial favorite of this forum, I'm sure!:

3) At $500 +/-, I could buy 30-40 SAK's. Is the TNT really better than 40 SAK's?
tongue.gif

OK, lllllet's get ready to rrrrrummmble!

Glen

[This message has been edited by storyville (edited 03-24-2001).]

Back