Memorial Day of Uncle Bill and Rusty

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Today is the Memorial Day of Uncle Bill and dear friend Rusty. We will always remember and love them.

0aBz8me.jpg

I was fortunate to have met both Uncle Bill and Rusty many years ago at a meeting held in South FL with several members of the HI community back then.

They are frequently in my thoughts.

One of my life's big regrets is not getting to meet Uncle Bill and Rusty. It was a happy time for me to meet Yangdu and her Father. I truly was kind of sweating prior to meeting kami sherpa, afraid to do something wrong and offend, but it wasn't necessary. Both truly down to earth and genuine good people.

Found a pic of Kami Sherpa, myself and my favorite Huey driver Bookie. Was a great time.

Last edited:
Great pic, thank you for sharing

That wonderful event in Reno those too many years ago is still near and dear to my heart. Great time, great food, and even greater friends. It is totally impossible for me to repay all the kindness that was showered on the wife and I. Later, Bawanna and I tipped a couple of cold ones, swapped lies, and made our lovely spouses generally embarrassed because of our wonderful outgoing personalities. We gotta do this again sometime, Bawanna. (Would post a pic or two, but need to know how it's accomplished.)

We do indeed need to do that again. I think enough time has gone by Yangdu could probably put up with us for another visit. We still talk about that trip all the time.

Had yet another body & fender job today and it looks like it'll take 6 weeks before the paint finally dries up, so a Reno trip sounds rather deluxe at the moment!

Back