Memories

I can't begin to express how disappointed I am over what this forum and Gurkha House have become. There was a time when this forum was hopping with interesting people posting in. Craig had a good thing going with Gurkha house. I've heard that Craig went into selling Nazi daggers over honorable Khukuris. I personally could not collect or profit from Nazi relics knowing how a family member was tortured by them, or that over six million people were wiped off the face of the earth.

I had hoped for a resurection to this forum but I have reached the conclusion that we all have witnessed the death of forum and business. With all my best wishes Pipey

I'm new to khukuris and watch this forum occasionally for any signs of life.

What you said about Nazi paraphenalia was interesting to me because my Dad recently called and said he had a Nazi swatstica. I expressed some interest in it. ( he was clearing out junk) I told him I could keep it on top of a bookshelf or something.
"No you won't." He said.
"Well, why not? It's just a medal."
"It's not a medal," he said, its a flag, a great big flag."
"Oh", I said, "no way will I have that hanging in my house."
"That's right, and no one would. I called because I thought you might know if it was worth anything, and I could get rid of it. It came over from France with ______, and his wife gave it to me after he passed away."

Anyone want to buy Dad's flag? We don't want it. The only one it meant something to was Dad's friend who paratrooped in and took it.

munk

Back