Merry Christmas

I want to wish everyone here a safe and Very Merry Christmas.
We tried to space things out this year so the days around Christmas wouldn't be hectic. All of our gifts are wrapped, and the only shopping left to do is food and refreshments .....maybe a trip to the ABC Store. I didn't make egg nog this year, but I found a recipe for hot buttered rum that is very tasty.
Our family is still rather close, and we try to spend time together every holiday. We have a family Christmas party scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at my oldest son's house. The party includes a version of the White Elephant gift exchange that's always a lot of fun. There will be too much unhealthy food and more than enough drinks. Having it tomorrow gives some people an extra day to recover before Christmas dinner at our house. The night usually winds down with a high-stakes poker game, nickel ante, and fifteen-cent limit. If I start losing too bad I'll just send my granddaughter around the table picking up change. She's too cute for anyone to say no to when she reaches out for a few coins.

Merry Christmas from my family to everyone here and their families. God bless us everyone.

It always seems like we try to get an early start on things, then end up racing till the last minute. Sometimes, you just have to say "oh well", that's as good as it's going to get.

Merry Christmas to everyone, please enjoy the time with your family!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas from South Central Tennessee!

Enjoying a toddy and wat hing a western on Grit TV.

We visited the kids this past week, so after three child-intensive days, I am back home with the requisite cold, but it's not anything with a designer name.

Hope you all enjoy some time with loved ones!

We went to Walmart a few weeks ago, pushing a cart was like driving a car, look both ways, yields, stops , and grumbles under your breath when people cut you off. Too crowded! So I bought the last stuff online and my daughter was kind enough to wrap it for me.

Back