Mike Williams MS - Shop Pics

Over Thanksgiving I visited Mike Williams' shop to pick up my new knife. He was kind enough to spend a couple hours with me and my son. He taught my son the how to forge a blade, then grind the finish. When we left he agreed to finish up the blade they worked on and give if to Bradley so he could put his own handle on it. My son has done a few kit blades but this one will be a real treat from a true master. Mike is a class act.

Always nice to see MS's taking time to share their work w/us 'normal' people. Any pics of the blade you went there to pick up for yourself? :)

Very cool, I've been a fan of Mike's for a long time! :thumbup:

BTW- I thought this thread was in the Custom forum...?

Cool pics. Curious what that part is in the last pic, looks like a grinder attachment like a rotary platen but not sure.

I was Nick and it should have stayed there...:confused:

I'm not sure why the post was moved but glad everyone enjoyed the pics of Mike in action. He is not only a fine knife maker but a great guy to work with on designing your own custom. We have another we have been designing for the past several months. Although known for his hunters and bowies, he also makes some unique weapons, like his native war clubs with Damascus blades. My next one will have elk ivories from a bull elk I shot inlayed into the handle. I enjoy being involved in the creative process and Mike seems to enjoy brainstorming on unique ideas.

Mike seems like a really nice guy. At Blade Show this year he went out of his way to engage my son while we were browsing his table. Really made it more enjoyable for all of my family.

Would love to see pictures of the knife when it is finished. Thanks for sharing.

Back