Military Lock-up Questions

Burke

Platinum Member
I noticed the other day that the lock on my Military has a) migrated from about one third across the tang to about two thirds across when open, and b) flexes slightly when I apply downward pressure to the blade. It still holds fine, even when whacked hard, and this does not seem to have affected lockup, blade play, or blade action, but is this a normal consequence of wear and tear or something I should be worried about?

Burke, I think I can address this one. I bought a Military last year and played with it pretty much constantly for the first few weeks.....opening and closing it again and again. I took note of the movement of the liner lockup position going from left to right and began to worry. I found some threads on this forum related to that and eventually sent it in for adjustment. The wonderful thing about this design is the eccentric pivot pin. By turning it slightly the liner lockup position can be moved back to the left. I got mine back after having it "tweaked" by Vince Ford (chief engineer for Spyderco)and I can't say it's moved since then and I have opened and closed it quite a bit since I got it back. Great knife. Great people. Give Angela or Vince and email about it and send it in to be tuned. No worries.
regards,
ptn

Back