Military model

I love the Military model, but find it a little too big for everyday carry. Is there a chance for Spyderco to make this knife in a 3/4 size version? It would still be big enough for Military use, and a little more daily carry friendly.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

DANBO,
YOU SAID IT,THE MILITARY IS WAY TO BIG A Jr WOULD BE BETTER! I KEPT MINE A WEEK BEFORE TRADING!

[This message has been edited by STRIC9 (edited 03-01-2000).]

I wouldn't bet on a new 3/4 size military. Spyderco is cutting models (even those that have a good following) throughout his product line with no revamped models to take their place. I think that Spyderco is cutting back and trying to get everything on solid ground, variety wise.

That's all I have to soy bout that.

------------------
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
**Blazing Saddles**

Au contraire! In a recent thread Sal G. had re- confirmed that a reduced sized Military is in the reasearch/ development stage. Rather than being a "junior" model, it will be a "chopped on butt and blade tip end" as Sal termed it. When? Anyones guess.

L8r,
Nakano

Dan,

Never in a thousand years would I have expected you to complain about a knife being too big! Anyone who knows Dan will know just how funny this is. hahaha

Regards,

Tom Carey

Sorry to be off-topic, but, uh, aflatfoot, your signature quote is originally from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart, directed by Walter Huston, Angelica Huston's father. It is a great and classic movie, everyone should see it, along with "Casablanca" and "African Queen", also with Bogie.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh Fuller

In testing the first prototype modesl of the Military Jr., I must say that I'm not very satisfied at this time.

The Military was designed with a "no size" limitations" in mind. Kind of like the "ultimate folder". It provides for both forward and rear expansion of the handle as well as a half choil for grip variation. Any larger than the Military, should go fixed blade IMO.

The smaller version is not large enough to provide all of the features. We're still working on it, but if I can't get the ergonomics I'm seeking, I may not make it.

sal

Back