Mini-me still available? Mini-me II?

Craig I was browsing through some old messages and came across the the Mini-me. Are they still available? I`ve been kicking the idea around of a true daily use khukuri. Say 7 1/2" OAL,a little less flare at the butt of the grip and an oval grip cross section for a compact but comfy 3 3/4" handle. Full stick tang with butt cap. Blade a hair over 1/8" thick, 3/4" wide at the base and 7/8" at it`s widest point. About 5/8" of drop or belly. I did a scale sketch and it looks great on paper. Heh,this was actually my idea for the contest but I couldn`t wait.
wink.gif
The concept is a khukuri you could use everyday wherever the typical 3.5" folder or neck knife would normally be used. With an optional (extra cost) kydex multi carry sheath it would be super versitile and handy. Okay my pitch is done
wink.gif
what do ya think? If it doesn`t fly would it be possible to order one custom? Marcus

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 01-07-2000).]

Good question: I THINK there will be some in my 11 January shipment. I'll post a listing on the forum when it comes in, and this time, I'll be posting ALL of my inventory on the website to avoid any confusion (I haven't been very good about that - the MINI JUNGLE has NEVER been on the site !
smile.gif
)

On a similar topic, I'd love to get feedback from anybody who's actually used the mini-me. I was a bit afraid of an untested product, but there are enough out there now that I'd love to know what you all think. Specifically: is it a "user" or is it better suited to be a desk ornament (like the micro me)?

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

In my humble opionion, based on the two I own, the mini-me is definitely a "user" and should be marketed as such. Though small, it shares many of the characteristics of its big brothers: it's very durable (for its size) and retains an edge well. And its size makes it easy to carry and easy to conceal. Considering the price, I think anyone interested in khuks ought to have one.

Craig,
What's the price for these? (mini-me and mini-jungle) I'm also looking for a little khuk to carry with me. Thanks

Rob

------------------
'He's losin' it... (Words spoken about me by a visitor seeing me with my Khuk!)
Lucky for them I'm not...

If I recall correctly the Mini-me is $15(!!!) and the Micro-me is $10. I have the HI version of the Micro and it`s a really neat little knife but the 2 finger grip makes it pretty useless except for using as a letter opener etc. The Mini-me looks to be really usable and usefull. I`d really like to see a size in the middle that`s basically a shortened Mini-me with a full tang and a little less flare at the butt (See description above) for a true everyday using khukuri. I guess I`m in the minority though as there haven`t been any responses to it. I have to check with Craig and see if it`s possible to get a one of made I guess. Or buy a Mini-me and regrind and reshape it to my specs. Marcus

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned that the Mini-me will be arriving in the next shipment (not the micro, which wasn't really a knife, as Marcus pointed out).

And yes, it'd be a better idea to grind the butt wood (is that okay to say here?) than get a special order. For everyday use, an embedded tang is fine (chopping prohibited of course, but with the mini-me, that's not an issue).

However, Full tang is not hard to accomplish, and it's a great design suggestion, which we'll try to incorporate on all future mini-mes.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Back