MiniMaster by Kutmaster

Goodness, i haven't even used them. I just took it out of the kit and took the picture to show on this subforum. I had never heard of Kutmaster but everything in the kit appears to be high quality.

Last edited:
How do the scissors cut?
Kutmaser is A.K.A. "UTICA", if I remember properly.
The scissors should be functional.

[[[sigh]]] If only it had a bail ... be "perfect" for the off-side of a double Albert pocket watch chain wth a "heavy" (3 ounce or more .800 Coin Silver, or Nickeloid/German Silver/Nickel Silver case) pocket watch.

Kutmaser is A.K.A. "UTICA", if I remember properly.
The scissors should be functional.

[[[sigh]]] If only it had a bail ... be "perfect" for the off-side of a double Albert pocket watch chain wth a "heavy" (3 ounce or more .800 Coin Silver, or Nickeloid/German Silver/Nickel Silver case) pocket watch.
Yes I'm well aware of Utica Kutmaster.
I've had a number of their knives, and I own a Utica Kutmaster Multimaster multitool.

But that doesn't really answer my question, lots of scissors are technically functional but functioning and cutting as well as Victorinox scissors are 2 different things.

Yes I'm well aware of Utica Kutmaster.
I've had a number of their knives, and I own a Utica Kutmaster Multimaster multitool.

But that doesn't really answer my question, lots of scissors are technically functional but functioning and cutting as well as Victorinox scissors are 2 different things.
.Sorry.☹️
I am pretty sure I had at least one stand alone Utica Scissors long ago ... maybe back in High School or Jr. Hi?

Last edited:
If we're just going by looks, then those scissors look terrible to me. I don't guess that they would work very well. I doubt they would do very well with paracord anyway.

If I'm honest the first thing I would do with that kit is take the multitool out of it and swap in a 58mm Victorinox Swiss army knife. You'd probably be better off with a Classic SD and it should take up less room. If you want something with more tools then you could put in a MiniChamp instead.

.Sorry.☹️
I am pretty sure I had at least one stand alone Utica Scissors long ago ... maybe back in High School or Jr. Hi?
Those were likely not made by Utica Kutmaster, but by the Utica tool company who made pliers was eventually absorbed into the triangle group who owned Herbrand and Bonney then eventually went out of business in 1994.

If we're just going by looks, then those scissors look terrible to me. I don't guess that they would work very well. I doubt they would do very well with paracord anyway.

If I'm honest the first thing I would do with that kit is take the multitool out of it and swap in a 58mm Victorinox Swiss army knife. You'd probably be better off with a Classic SD and it should take up less room. If you want something with more tools then you could put in a MiniChamp instead.
Thanks for the suggestion. I replaced them with this cadet. By the way, the scissors worked better than I thought. They went right through the paper and they would also cut paracord but not quite as good as the Victorinox.20230926_173421.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I replaced them with this cadet. By the way, the scissors worked better than I thought. They went right through the paper and they would also cut paracord but not quite as good as the Victorinox.View attachment 2335399
Noyce.

Yeah I would be pretty shocked if the scissors couldn't cut paper. Even the janky scissors on the SOG Powerpint can cut paper, but they won't cut it in a straight line. It's the weirdest thing. You end up with a jagged edge. Most scissors can cut paracord... eventually. Victorinox can cut cleanly through 550 paracord in a single cut, while lesser quality scissors can take several cuts before they will finally get through and it's usually not going to be very clean.

Fiskars Folding travel Scissors work great and they're cheap. I always recommend them because they're worth every penny. If you can fit them in your kit then I would say go for it.

Noyce.

Yeah I would be pretty shocked if the scissors couldn't cut paper. Even the janky scissors on the SOG Powerpint can cut paper, but they won't cut it in a straight line. It's the weirdest thing. You end up with a jagged edge. Most scissors can cut paracord... eventually. Victorinox can cut cleanly through 550 paracord in a single cut, while lesser quality scissors can take several cuts before they will finally get through and it's usually not going to be very clean.

Fiskars Folding travel Scissors work great and they're cheap. I always recommend them because they're worth every penny. If you can fit them in your kit then I would say go for it.
I got these scissors today and I likem.20230928_140808.jpg

I've had a minimaster for some years. I wouldn't try to give a haircut with the scissors but they cut paper and cotton cleaning patches fine

Back