• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Modifying a Condor Golok machete

Greetings,

I am looking for an Australian knifemaker or anyone who can change the grind of a blade to give me a quote for making some modifications to a Condor Golok machete (http://www.condortk.com/productos-detalle.php?producto=62&cat=22). I find the saber grind to be too low which makes for an extremely strong, but ultimately useless tool since it doesn't have good enough cutting ability relative to its weight. I really like the tool and would prefer to modify it rather than simply throw it in the shed and buy something else so I am wondering what people think of the idea of bringing the saber grind up to about 2/3 of the width of the blade and if anyone out there could give me some idea of how much this would cost?

PS. I would also prefer a convex saber grind rather than a flat grind.

Yes modding it nearly a necessity. At least I agree with you. However that Condor tool is far from useless out of the box.

Back