Mod'ing The CS Trail Hawk

DSCF1492.JPG

Not the least bit crappy, excellent job.

This thread got me excited about mod'ing a Trail Hawk, so I ordered one over a year ago and it has been sitting in my garage waiting its turn in line while I went through all of my other projects. I can't believe some of the artistry and imagination I've seen in this thread. Cubfx - I wouldn't even know where to start on doing something like your hawk... and my imagination is not capable of even imagining such things, so I would have to rely upon an angelic vision or something. That Norse Hawk is incredible.

Anyway, I saw a poster last month, though, of "Last of the Mohicans" which got me going on the Trail Hawk again. That has to be the best movie ever. So, here is my contribution to the thread. In the 3rd picture, there are two sheaths because I made one for a buddy. Obviously, I'm only using one.

145hlf.jpg

2yzecrq.jpg

14vmueo.jpg

Here is so much nice Hawks so I want to show mine. Little etching, bluing the blade, staining the haft and my camp axe is ready. The Valknut symbol didn't success very well but grim reaper were positive surprise. These are my first etching projects.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

Here is so much nice Hawks so I want to show mine. Little etching, bluing the blade, staining the haft and my camp axe is ready. The Valknut symbol didn't success very well but grim reaper were positive surprise. These are my first etching projects.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I like it! Nice touch with Thor's Hammer on the lanyard.

I used vinigar and mustard and forced a patina on my frontier hawk and shoe polish on the handle and was very happy with how it turned out

We made little trip to the Lapland (1000km to North from my home) and I got first real chances to test my hawk and it was success.
We found snag and made slow-burning log fire.
norsehawk.jpg

norsehawk3.jpg

Fried also some salmon.
norsehawk2.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cellphone picture!
BHpQ96I.jpg

Newer picture of my humble hawk.
But I do love it! Nothing quite brings you closer to your hawk than modding it yourself!

Nice hawk brah! Welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

Norse hawk, turned Nord Hawk. I need to sand and polish the head, but the rest is as seen. Rustic, true and ready.

Caught the bug and ordered a rifleman's hawk from amazon. Stripped the head and stained the handle since yesterday. More work to be done.

04pCEBc.jpg

Does anyone know if this tomahawk can chop or not. I mean I'm not trying to split logs or any heavy work.just chopping Limbs and stuff. People have told me the handle would break if I do any chopping

Does anyone know if this tomahawk can chop or not. I mean I'm not trying to split logs or any heavy work.just chopping Limbs and stuff. People have told me the handle would break if I do any chopping

Tomahawks chop wood with no issues.

I can assure you they are fullyy functioningg tools. The chop and cut very well as they have long bits and thin edges, but they don't split very well.

Whoever has told you otherwise is either taking out of their sphincter or is teasing.

Is the trail hawk smaller and lighter Then the riflemans hawk because I have a riflemans hawk and it's pretty heavy.so that's why I ordered a smaller hawk "the trail hawk"

I can assure you they are fullyy functioningg tools. The chop and cut very well as they have long bits and thin edges, but they don't split very well.

Whoever has told you otherwise is either taking out of their sphincter or is teasing.

I agree with Samon. They are surprisingly effective choppers but don't do much for splitting.

Back