Moniker

What does your moniker mean? me, I'm "Yardboy" because I'm a
landscape contractor. For years I made a damn nice living doing
yard work...bought plenty of guns and knives off mowing yards...
AluminumOvercas, your photography rocks...the best...but what the
heck does that name tag mean...and that goes for the rest of you
Strider Warriors...what do those nick names mean???? yardboy

Yardboy,

My username is really supposed to be "AluminumOvercast". I couldn't fit the "t" in. Those who know me well realize that just about all my current and previous nicks of such are based on WWII bombers. Aluminum Overcast was a WWII era B-17G. Some of my usernames used on the net included "Irresistible you, "nineOnine", "OutHouse Mouse", etc, were all birds of war. As far as my real name goes. I blame my dad. He loved the car.

Shelby

well your art rocks...esp. world trade center memorial...how
about some of you other Striderites...those user names are so
cool...what do they mean

Well I couldn't for my life decide what I wanted for a username.
I was reading the for sale posts on another forum for a NIB (New In Box) Microtech knife. At that moment the radio station started playing my fav Black Sabbath song......"NIB"! So the little light in my PLF battered head went off and history was made. :D :D :D

PLF: Parachute Landing Fall :D

8 years & counting enlisted Marine (now reserve)

+

Full-time (working on finishing Ph.D. anyway) Sociologist/Social Psychologist

=

"Warriorsociologist" :)

Back when I was an undergrad at WI, one of my mentors gave me this nickname since I was (to his knowledge) the only currently serving enlisted Marine that he had heard of who was pursuing a career in academic Sociology. I told him that I liked intimidating all the ivory-tower wannabies that make up the rest of the field...so I thought the name was a good fit... :cool:

I'm the one and only Member #16,452

I was the 16,452nd person to register and every time a tried a usernameit said it had already been taken.

computer nick names are so cool...some guys seem to enjoy using
their real names...did you know SniperBoy is actually a beautiful
chick

I feel kinda boring...

Shelby, I love WWII aircraft. The B17G being my favorite.
Gotta love that Cobra as well.

Great thread.

Thanks

Mick

The B-17G was an awesome airplane. Those were some brave men flying those things. 13 .50cal was there ony defence and I think they only flew 200 miles per hour. Pretty amazing.

My name: its just short for my last name...boring, I know.

Hmm, well... As I am of germanic descent, I figured that a german name might suit me. Unfortunately my command of the language wasn't quite what I thought it was and well....

I got overly philosophical and thinking I was giving myself the name, "life seeker" as one who endeavours to do more than simply exist but rather wants to truly experience life. However, I later discovered that I had ended up naming myself "combat seeker." It is true that a little knowledge can get you in a lot of trouble *L* And now I feel a bit like a boob - not in a good way *L* At any rate, people here now know me by this name and it seems that it would be counterproductive to change it.

Perhaps I could become "The Forumite Formerly Known As....":D

David

Edited to improve on my wittiness.

Duane dubbed me the KnifeBomber as I had this annoying tendency to drop my Strider out of the helo onto unsuspecting Arab's heads. ****ers got my SA!

I am a police officer (aka: Po-Po). I work in a fairly humid/hot climate, and I wear hiking socks at work to make it threw the 12 hour shifts without my feet boiling. Most hiking socks are odd colors, which are fine with pants, but I kept wearing them when I switched to shorts for the summer. My Sgt. at the time ordered me to go to Walmart and buy a pack of white socks or he would put his foot up my a$$. After that the name stuck:D

Back in the day, I was a Firefighter, and my nicename was Jumpstreet. I dressed grungy before the name grung was coined. My friends at the fire dept. said that I looked like one of the punks that got arrested on 21 Jumpstreet every week. So on the back of my helmet was JUMPSTREET. It was funny to hear fire Chief's from other depts. yelling Jumstreet secure that hose, Jumpstreet get that ladder, Etc...

Sorry, not all that exciting, or historical, just me:yawn:

Reagan

Interesting thread!
I used to travel alot as a white collar know-it-all. Spent 80% of my time overseas, and calculated 3 months in the air over 4 years. As my marriage headed south, I headed out, leaving my reality behind to intercede in that of others. I was accused of being just like a hobo, only catching a plane intead of a freight. My staff even made a board game like monopoly for me.

Paul

Live in AZ and pack a Glock 21....nuff said!:D :D

Well, I boxed for seven or so years, two bad habits got me the name. One - I tend to head but, two - one night a fella broke his right hand hitting me repeatedly in the head. (yes that means I was not doing well!) Hey, a win is a win.

I couldn't think of anything original so I used my name. I'm sure there are some people over in the Emerson forum that have some interesting names for me.

I spend a lot of time driving along I-8, starting at Gila Bend.

Gila Bend is just that, a south-to-west bend in the Gila River, and was a major landmark for anyone crossing the Arizona desert for the past several hundred years, from native traders and Spanish explorers to the US Army, Overland Mail, and Southern Pacific Railroad. The Gila River was once the southern border of Arizona until the Gadsden Purchase of 1854.

Plus, it's a great name for "The Tequila That Won't Let Go" (tm) which is constantly being refined and improved through tightly controlled experimentation and research :barf: :barf: :barf:

TGB

Back