Moral Dillemma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Andy, and everyone else know, I am the proud owner of 4 ATC hawks!!! And I'm thinking about getting the Walter Brend Fighting Hawk($95.00).

My problem is,,,,,,If my wife finds out about this,,,,,,,,will she use the new hawk on me?????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Big-Target
My problem is,,,,,,If my wife finds out about this,,,,,,,,will she use the new hawk on me?????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sounds like FUN to me..... ;)

Big-Target

It is easier to "beg for forgiveness" than it is to "ask for permission".! :D

Big Target,

As a chick AND a wife, I can fully understand your wife's getting the ass if you purchase ANOTHER hawk! However... I understand that men NEED to grunt, pound on their chests and scratch themselves periodically with MANLY gadgets .... at least you're looking at the best hawk company out there... for you already know, with ATC, you won't get a POS! Get the hawk, apologize profusely AFTER the fact, and make it up to her with a nice dinner, OR, if you have kids... take them away for a day and let her LOUNGE in the quiet! This is a gift in itself... as it rarely happens. You have no kids? No worries ~ dinner, wine and tell her WHATEVER she wants to hear, whether it's true or not.:D Send her flowers once in a blue moon and let her know that SHE is YOUR world! Enjoy the hawk when you get it. But ~ I'm just a chick... what do "I" know!
:eek:

Originally posted by Island Cher
I understand that men NEED to grunt, pound on their chests and scratch themselves periodically with MANLY gadgets .... /B]

You chicks (no offense meant)really understand that?:D

I am in the same boat. That Brend sure looks awesome! Maybe if I grunt and scratch enough she will get the hint!:D

Heading to the sandbox this weekend with my VT! Hope I don't need it, but I will sleep better knowing it's there!

Originally posted by Island Cher
...No worries ~ dinner, wine and tell her WHATEVER she wants to hear, whether it's true or not...

Wisest words I have ever read.

Wine & dine me all you want but if you're not buying matching his and her hawks, knives, guns, etc. then I will totally get a case of the a$$.

Call me and place the order, have it shipped to a friends address, bring it into the house when she's not looking and just put it with the others. Try not to fondle it in front of her too much at first and then when she asks just say, "That old thing - geez hon, look at the handle wrap ('cuz you screwed it up anyway :D ), I've had that for MONTHS! How do you think I got so many pairs of shoes in the house? And guns and ammo and knives and hawks. ;)

I think women need to know two things in a relationship.
"The way it is and How its going to be":D

Buy the hawk and then get forgivness for it.

Thanks for everyones imput!! I will be taking my wife out for an overnighter, in Lancaster PA, to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, on 10/14!!!!
I even got her a surprise gift from Bailey Banks & Biddle Jewelery. So in a round about way, the Brend will end up costing me about $500.:footinmou

Oh well!!!! I've been broke before!!!;)

So i won't be doing anything til after i get back!!

PS>>>>My somerdale delivery address is my mailing address:rolleyes:

Suzanne,

Where is the camera you have following me around? You have exactly nailed my methods for all forms of "non wife approved purchases". How much is it going to take to keep you quiet?

I have to say an amen to Justin's statements as well.

In order of their posts:

V-Man: That's why you have a perpetual dent in your head where she slaps you upside your head. ;)

Big-Target: You're getting a deal - $500 and you get dinner, a night out with your lovely wife, she gets a gift, you get a gift. Ahhhh, life is truly good. :)

Progunner: My silence can be bought for a measley $500 a month, cash, small bills. Otherwise I tell her all your purchases over the past year. :D

Here's a question for you guys: How do I keep my husband from claiming all the cool stuff that I buy as his? He takes my purse, ID, wallet, credit cards whenever we go to a knife, gun or sportsman show so I can't buy anything, complains about whatever I'm buying and how I don't need another really cool "thingy" (all the guns we own are in my name) and then after I've had it for a month or two it disappears and I find it in his claim pile, truck, gun case, whatever........ Somehow that's just not fair. He's really cheap and only buys crap and I buy the good stuff. :D

And don't tell me to hide it - he can tell when I've bought something fun and can sniff it out in no time. (It doesn't help that I act like a 3-year old with a new toy ;) )

Suzanne, For one, I too act like a kid when I get anything new, so there is no real hiding for me either. As far as your hubby re-apropriating your stuff, I don’t have that specific problem with my wife, but I do wish she was more “into” things that I like and do. Maybe you could just buy two and share the good stuff. As for him being a little cheap you can use a saying that I use a lot on my wife “buy quality and only cry once”
I saw that line on the ‘net and have used it ever since to justify spending a little more for the top shelf stuff, like my ATC Brend (see, I can tie my ramblings to this thread) All, I can say is that I LOVE my Brend. I just rewrapped my handle, all that throwing kinda screwed up the paracord. I keep meaning to take some pics of the finish after so much tossing, but I keep being lazy. It’s a great hawk and I’m sure that if I stopped using it as a toy, it would make a great tool too. Get it and have fun!

Originally posted by RangerJD
Big-Target

It is easier to "beg for forgiveness" than it is to "ask for permission".! :D

That reminds me of when i was a little kid. A school friend of mine prayed to God every day for a new bicycle. Then one day, he realised the god, in his wisdom, doesn't quite work that way. The next day, he stole a bike and prayed to God forgive him!!!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :footinmou

"Here's a question for you guys: How do I keep my husband from claiming all the cool stuff that I buy as his? He takes my purse,"

Easy one here, Suzanne....buy a purse that doesn't match his shoes.

Big Target-

Not sure what you're asking......my 20?

I live in Morris County and I'm 38.....am I close?

Also, NEVER have Prisco "stop by" for a Sunday afternoon......he won't leave ubtil all the food and red wine are gone. Believe me.

It's a CB radio term. "what's your20??"=Where is your location???

BTW, you have nothing to fear from me, I'm a 38 year old tea totaler!!!!;)

Just hide your hot sauces!!!!!:eek:

Originally posted by batfam
You chicks (no offense meant)really understand that?:D

I am in the same boat. That Brend sure looks awesome! Maybe if I grunt and scratch enough she will get the hint!:D

I once did the grunting and scratching with my ranger spike hawk. Almost got myself emasculated!!!!:eek: :barf: :eek: :barf: :eek: :barf:

Back