• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

More Annoying Than Lowballing...

I don't mind a low offer or even an outrageous trade offer like six spydercos for an Apogee. I just give them a "no thanks" or "that's not what I am looking for." What really annoys me is when somebody is selling a knife and drops the price by a $1 or $2.

I mean come on... if you are trying to entice me to buy your knife with a price drop, at least drop it by $5. I don't even blink an eye when I see a price drop under $5. In fact... it's just like they did a straight up BTT for me.

New Rule -- BTT or drop by $5 bucks or more. Please... don't drop the price until you are so desperate to sell that you have to at least drop by $5. That's pretty desperate, huh. Otherwise just BTT with a smile.

JT ;)

You mean people actually drop the price of knives by only a dollar or two? That must be on knives that are selling for only a few bucks in the first place. If I saw a knife that was for sale for $200.00 and then saw the price dropped to $199.00, I wouldn't take that seriously at all.

KWM -- I have seen anywhere from $1 to $4 drop and it just amazes me that people think that is an enticement.

JT

I don't see a big problem with a 2-3 buck pricedrop when the seller's practically giving the knife away in the first place, which is often the case here at the forums when production knives are selling near wholesale and less, and customs for a song.

Professor.

Originally posted by Professor
I don't see a big problem with a 2-3 buck pricedrop when the seller's practically giving the knife away in the first place, which is often the case here at the forums when production knives are selling near wholesale and less, and customs for a song.

Professor.

I forgot what I was gonna say.........I agree, though.....I don't care if the price drops or not.

Given a choice between a $1 price drop and a bttt, I'll take the $1 price drop.

n2s

Back