More Leather!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My wife recently finished this one up! Double welt construction with fire steel loop.

033.jpg

027-1.jpg

Nice work! lol I have that door mat at one of our doors =x

I need to work out an in the pocket leather sheath with black clip... I think for the poon edc I have of yours... we'll figure out how/when soon.

Keep her workin'! ciao ;]

My wife says thanks guys!

I know I'm impressed!

More leather pics soon, she made a sheath for the .360 Glow Tanto as well.

Dang, Mrs. Fairly does excellent work. I may have to request a leather sheath with my next DFK knife.

Dang, Mrs. Fairly does excellent work. I may have to request a leather sheath with my next DFK knife.

She was making another one today for the "little sexy tanto"! She also recently finished up one for the .360" glow tanto.

I'm really happy with the leather, they look awesome and have great retention with no scratching. My wife is using really thick leather and welt construction so the sheaths are really long lasting... the stitching has been doubled over and is recessed in a groove so it won't wear through. We spent a lot of time on research and money on tools so our sheaths are the best! Even the contact cement we use is premium, the leather will rip before the glue bond breaks. :eek:

Right now each sheath is about two full days work!

We spent a lot of time on research and money on tools so our sheaths are the best! Even the contact cement we use is premium, the leather will rip before the glue bond breaks.

The research and quality shows in her work. Mrs. Fairly's sheaths look like they could go toe to toe
with Sharpshooter sheaths all day long. :thumbup:

Bad photos, great leatherwork! All made by my wife Sara.

The business card holder is stamped with old hand made stamps we bought on the reservation nearby, they are made from old valves, files, punches or even rebar. I am amazed by the clean detail on such small handmade stamps.

The flower is her first tooled leather piece, she cut the detail by hand with a swivel knife then did the rest with a few stamps and burnishers!

The sheaths are for the Damascus/dino bone knife and the .360 glow tanto!

058-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

Nice work Mrs. Fairly. Daniel, looks like you need to make a spot in your new shop for a crib. I see you and Mrs. Sara
spending a lot of time out there in the future.

Nice work Mrs. Fairly. Daniel, looks like you need to make a spot in your new shop for a crib. I see you and Mrs. Sara
spending a lot of time out there in the future.

Exactly! :D :D :D

She really appreciates the kind words! I can't believe how nicely the tooling came out, I tried some and it was pretty tough. :D

Nice tooling alright.
I could use a little pouch,is the Mrs.taking orders?

Back