Most Trusted multi tool

I have two. The Leatherman Wave #1 and my first multi tool, the Vict. Tinker #2, but it was #1 untill the Wave came along.

Does a Vic Classic count? It is the only one I truly have wih me every single day since it is attached to my keys.

Victorinox SwissTool
004-76.jpg

I don't know that I trust them any more than my other multitools, but I also am a fan of the "plus" model SAKs, and carry one everyday. I really like having a magnifying glass glass, and pen as part of my multitool. I have a bunch of pliers based multitools stashed, but the SAKs are what get carried. Most lately an older Champion Plus with the old type magnifying glass.

I just picked up a Powerlock from this very forum and its a brute! I have several LMs including a Wave II and a Core but the Powerlock feels extremely substantial. And I love the compound leverage. :thumbup:

Whoa?! No love for the SOG? Especially the Powerlock?

Victorinox swisstool. After having two brand new leatherman charges break in my hand while cracking nuts, I won't own a full size leatherman anymore. The vic is solid and just a plain better tool. Tho I do wish the charge was built better, more solid. It felt...cheap, but I loved the file and one hand opening. Oh well. I love my swisstool.

I have a Leatherman Crunch, 2 old model Leatherman Waves, a Leatherman Blast, and an older SOG Powerlock. If I were to choose any of them as my "one" multitool, it would be the SOG. Right now it's paired with the Crunch in my vehicle.

Victorinox swisstool. After having two brand new leatherman charges break in my hand while cracking nuts, I won't own a full size leatherman anymore. The vic is solid and just a plain better tool. Tho I do wish the charge was built better, more solid. It felt...cheap, but I loved the file and one hand opening. Oh well. I love my swisstool.

Either I have been unusually lucky or you have the hand strength of two separate gorillas. Over the last 14 years more than 35 Leathermen of differing size and models have passed through my hands. Most were for gifts, resale or tryouts. Those that don't fit my needs are sold off or given away. Out of all, only one needed a minor factory defect repair, back from warranty service in 10 days. Another loosened up under hard use way beyond design capability, totally my fault, also repaired at no cost in 10 days. Everything else has performed very well in all situations any multitool could handle. Frankly, I don't find the Charge cheap feeling at all. However, I too love the file and one hand opening. There's nothing wrong with loving your Swisstool, although sadly, it will never love you back :( .

BUT I just ordered a swisstool spirit, so maybe I'll like it as much as the plain ol swisstool.

Really a nice tool. If you love your Swisstool, you will likely be smitten by the Spirit. :D

Either I have been unusually lucky or you have the hand strength of two separate gorillas. Over the last 14 years more than 35 Leathermen of differing size and models have passed through my hands. Most were for gifts, resale or tryouts. Those that don't fit my needs are sold off or given away. Out of all, only one needed a minor factory defect repair, back from warranty service in 10 days. Another loosened up under hard use way beyond design capability, totally my fault, also repaired at no cost in 10 days. Everything else has performed very well in all situations any multitool could handle. Frankly, I don't find the Charge cheap feeling at all. However, I too love the file and one hand opening. There's nothing wrong with loving your Swisstool, although sadly, it will never love you back :( .

Really a nice tool. If you love your Swisstool, you will likely be smitten by the Spirit. :D

Thanks!

Yes, I really wanted to love my charge, but after the 2nd one broke, I just didn't wanna fool with sending another one in anymore..I sent it in, and then sold my replacement and bought a swisstool. It just feels a lot tougher to me. I don't know why they broke soo easily, I really did like them. Maybe someday I'll get another leatherman, I like the one handed opening and the pocket clip.

Back