Mr. Knife's Neverending Giveaway #85 (Poll Included)

Should I Purge the box of broken / lower quality items or send it on as is?

• Yes, Purge the Box and let us know what changes are made

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No, simply replace items taken and send it on "as is"

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (suggestions in comments)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's worth it guys. I won it way back at the beginning and also about a year ago which included one of my now favorite knives, a GEC toothpick in stag.

I voted to purge the box. I also think that junk/cheap knives are still good for someone's kid and should be offered in a GAW for that purpose.

Not entering because: I'm not a paying member currently, and because none of the knives suit my fancy. I've entered a few times, but mostly haven't because the knives just don't draw me. Now if it was filled with older case, buck, schrade, camillus knives... hmmm, that'd be a different story. But also there are some new knives that I'd be interested in such as a Gerber Strongarm or one of those Ruger fixed blades are 2 newer knives that would spark my interest. I like bigger knives too, so that always is a factor for me.

I vote purge.
It costs a good bit to ship when the box gets huge. If the box is full of crap, no one wants to play.

Please enter me again, and I vote the purge the box and host a separate GAW for the ones that don’t make the cut (ha ha)

I vote you purge the box of all the clear junk. Send that to a knife modder for parts.
Take out the creme de la creme and make that the new box.
Take the lesser, but still usable knives that are left and start another box. Maybe you don't have to be a paying member for this box.
I have no horse in this race as I don't intend to join either box. I have enough knives.
There are enough "budget queen" threads to show possible interest in a "lesser" box.
When I was working, I had access to metalworking tools every day and used and abused a lot of yard sale knives that had some life left in them.
Or, for someone's kid.

I will draw a winner Saturday Evening, so far in the running I have:

For the drawing, so far I have:
Hickory n steel
AdamFuzzyballs
holo07
KentuckyBlackBird
abbydaddy
Ernie1980

Looks like we have pretty good participation this time, if I missed anyone or if anyone else wants to be added in just reply in this thread and let me know. I will check it again before I do the drawing.

Also, for a little added bonus, I am adding in a P38 Can opener (John Wayne) for the winner.
20240426_165720.jpg

Thank you! So are you going to purge the box or do you want me to do it?

Thank you! So are you going to purge the box or do you want me to do it?
I left it as is, you can clean it up if you would like. There are a couple of knives in there that you could probably throw away honestly. I would hate to ask someone to put good knives in there in place of them just to get them out of the box. I would also recommend cleaning out some of the non-knife items that have accumulated over time.

Back