MT40 HIC Mule Team Blade

02/07/2024: 805 am PST. Can't get in. Oh well . . .

Will check back later in the morning to see if there are any left. 🤷‍♂️
Initial rush is over and site is at speed...155 left when I finished checkout a moment ago!

Success! Made & ate breakfast & got one at 8:44 am PST. No delay whatsoever. :)

Last edited:
Initial rush is over and site is at speed...155 left when I finished checkout a moment ago!

Just curious . . . How do you check the quantity available? I looked but couldn't find that info. 🤷‍♂️

Took about 4 minutes start to finish to get my order in. Now to go through my box of wood to see what I'll make the scales of.

Wood huh, I was thinking some vibrant synthetic. I’m going to BladeShow Texas in a few weeks, maybe something will jump out at me there.

Just curious . . . How do you check the quantity available? I looked but couldn't find that info. 🤷‍♂️
Try adding a thousand to your cart and see how many it will let you add. That tells you how many they have left in the system. It doesn't tell you if they put all of them in the system at once.

Try adding a thousand to your cart and see how many it will let you add. That tells you how many they have left in the system. It doesn't tell you if they put all of them in the system at once.

Thanks!

The system actually took my order for 1000 for $150k . . . 😧

Had to update the quantity to 2000. Then it showed 104 still available @ 915am PST.

So, looks like it's going to sell out despite the price.

FYI, the Bolatron sheath for the HIC is also available now too.

See: Mule Team HIC Bolatron Sheath (MTSH3)

Forgot to check on that before ordering the HIC but I have a Mule Team leather sheath which should work fine if I ever want to carry it.

At $160.88 (including tax) for mine, I really wasn't interested in spending another $40 plus tax for the sheath. The HIC just made the $150 free shipping requirement so at least I saved a little $ on that. :)

Last edited:
They're showing 99 left. I wonder how many they started with.

Sal said they made a around 2k and would have around 1800 to sell.

See: Post #8 above.

However, as Yab mentioned above, they may not have added all of the HICs for sale into the system all at once and there might be more available for sale after this batch sells out,

Last edited:
Sold out now but more will be available at a later date! From Spyderco Forums:

"Hey, everyone:
We just confirmed that there will be more MT40P made available at a later date (more information to follow). Since they are hand-sharpened here, it's a time-consuming process, and we didn't want to hold up the release any longer. If you'd like, you can contact SFO via email at sfo@spyderco.com and ask to be added to a Bug list. Once more are available, SFO will contact you and let you know. We'll also have more of the MTSH3 sheaths available.

Thank you for your continued interest and support! We look forward to seeing what you do with your HIC Mules!

Kristi"

From the Official Spyderco Forum:

Postby TazKristi » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:50 pm
White00 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:36 pm
I followed the sale through Cart - there were only 500 ceramic Mules and were sold for 4 1/2 hours approx.
Although I don't have an exact number, I do know there were more than 500 available online at 09:00 AM, plus inventory in the store for walk-in customers. As mentioned, there will be more to come.

Kristi

Any chance this blade material is going to appear on a folding knife?

My guess is that they will NOT use HIC in a folder because of the high cost of manufacture and the extreme brittleness of ceramic knives.

Note that Spyderco already has disclaimed any warranty coverage for breakage in the Mule and my guess is that HIC in folder would be even more prone to breakage in folders than in fixed blade applications.

I ordered two and got them yesterday. They're flawless as far as I can tell. Will see how they do against a tri-tip later today. I haven't decided about scales for them yet but there's no hurry because they're not going anywhere.

Attachments

• tri1.jpg
    tri1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 8
Back