Multi tool for sailor

Here’s the Rebar from the Leatherman custom shop. I think it turned out great. Thanks again for all of the help.

RaBDH3H.jpeg
880kyjM.jpeg

Here’s the Rebar from the Leatherman custom shop. I think it turned out great. Thanks again for all of the help.

That turned out really nice. It's way better than I was expecting. I love it.

It's weird that Leatherman doesn't offer the same customization options for the knifeless version of the Rebar. If they did, then I would instantly buy one and use it as my primary edc. It would be a no-brainer for me. I would use it almost every day and just rotate in different folding knives every now and then.

But I already have a regular Rebar and there's no way I'm buying another one unless it is black oxide, which for some odd reason isn't an option for the knifeless version.

🤷‍♂️

I completely agree regarding the knifeless Rebar. If they made it in black I would have chose that instead. The scissors would have been a nice addition to cut loose uniform threads. I might send him a SAK also.

The scissors would have been a nice addition to cut loose uniform threads. I might send him a SAK also.

I suggest the Victorinox Jetsetter. It is a knifeless model so there should be no problems with him being able to carry it, and it has a set of scissors which would be perfect for snipping small threads. It would make a great compliment to the Rebar because it only adds tools that the Rebar doesn't have (toothpick, tweezers, scissors, small magnetic phillips, bottle opener). All things missing on the Rebar, although technically you could use the Rebar's can opener to open bottles too.

If you want a bigger model with a knife and larger scissors, then the Victorinox Compact also makes a great compliment to the Rebar. I just don't know if they'll let him carry it.

Back