Multitool EDC? Anyone?

Hello all. I was just wondering how many of you guys have ever EDCd a multitool. I hear a lot about people carrying a main blade and then a juice s2 or something like that. I'm 14, and sometimes I'll carry my juice on the weekends(because the weekends are the only time I can carry a a blade without getting expelled and sent to juvie). So any of you guys rock a multitool? If you do, which one?

Everyday. I will normally be found with a Vic Trekker at work, or Leatherman Sidekick for play.

Glad to see you are interested, and know the limits due to your age, even if it's not fair :).

I want to get a Victorionox Spirit X, they were highly recommended to me over leatherman by fellow named Lynn i think, from Bonds Cutlery in Las Vegas, i been meaning to pick one up since, it felt like a really high quality multi tool for sure. Maybe check that out.

Leatherman Wingman has been riding along since I got it earlier this year, with a Style CS on my key ring. Had been carrying a Surge but it's a brick. Never realize how handy they are until you go to reach for it and remember you left it at home because what are the odds you'll need a pair of pliers?

Just picked up a Vic Swiss Tool from a local pawn shop. It is well built. Haven't used it for anything yet though.

When I'm feeling like there's gonna be some tinkerin' going on, Ill carry a Leatherman Rebar.
The reason I don't all the time, is because it takes me too long to get the blade out. (I'm not a big fan of carrying 2 knives)
I love having pliers on me though.
I DO carry a Victorinox Pioneer every single day though, if you want to count that....

My EDC is a Leatherman Charge Ti, although a bit weighty it's not a problem.After Edcing for over 20 years I progressed to the charge over 5 years ago and havn't looked back.

Carry my Wingman every single day. Might try the supertool, love my wingman though, spring assist pliers are a must!

Most often a Leatherman Super Tool 300 in black, with a flashlight and other stuff in a Nite-Ize pouch. It's big, it's heavy, but at 6'2" 200 lbs, not too big for me. I also have a Charge Ti with the bit kit. It doesn't make as much of a bulge on my waist as the Nite-Ize pouch and offers some other capability that the 300 lacks.

I've carried a leatherman as a work tool and if I have enough reason to carry a backpack than a leatherman rides along inside, but I have never EDC'd it.

You bet! Depending on what qualifies as "carry", I carry between 1 and 4 every day.

Leatherman Squirt P4 - in my pocket every day.
Leatherman Juice S2 - in my laptop bag, along with a set of bits for the screwdriver.
Leatherman Pulse - in my car center console.
SAK Classic SD - in my Altoids tin mini-first aid kit, which is in my carry bag (this may count as a knife, rather than a multitool).

I've got an old school Leatherman PST that I picked up used for a song. It's about the right size really, for an EDC multi tool. I was carrying pretty regularly, but got out of the habit a few weeks ago. I'm gonna try and reintegrate it back into my EDC rotation, it's too handy and useful not to. The source I obtained my PST from had a very large supply of them, I dunno if they're from some company, that issued them to their employees or what. They're well worn, but in no way abused.

I EDC a Leatherman Juice S2, along with whatever folder is up in my rotation for the week. If I'm going somewhere where I might expect to need the tool then I will carry a Leatherman Charge. (Today at work I used my Juice to break a big wire tie that was holding the telephone wires in our electrical room so we could move our telephone control box.) I have a variety of multitools but those 2 are the ones that I carry the most.

If I am traveling I will carry an older tool such as my Leatherman PST or my old Gerber. Those have internal blades and are least likely to be viewed as a weapon. On 2 separate occasions I've been riding in someone else's vehicle and had to use my PST to fix the vehicle enough so we could get back into town. (We were out in the middle of nowhere at night and our headlights quit.)

I bought the Leatherman Skeletool thinking I might carry it in lieu of a normal folder, but about the same time I bought a new group of nice folding knives and I want to carry them so the Skeletool gets left out. I might put it in my folder rotation so it gets carried more.

(and BTW there is a sub forum here dedicated to multitools)
(and also BTW I have seen some models of multitool that don't have a blade so maybe you could carry one of them to school, I think I would ask first though)

DSC_6644b.jpg

i used to carry my SOG power assist on my hip everywhere plus whatever folding knife in my front pocket. i really like most of the features on the multitool but i defiantly has some downfalls also

I was happy when my employer OK'd my wearing a Leatherman Blast at work a few months ago. I really don't care for useless (to me) bits on them like scissors etc. I was looking at the Rebar a few days ago. Looks like a straight forward useful worker.

IMG_5561_zps33f0732c.jpg

Last edited:
Back