My 1st GH blade - a wood handled cheetlang

I just received my first GH blade, and I'm blown away. It is a real work of art (and a piece of working art, too) and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

Others here have posted their descriptions, and I can't really add too much - the engraving near the spine in the Sword of Shiva is really first class. The file worked diamond shaped keeper, the full tanged and bolstered chakmak and karda, the ridged scabbard, the cross hatched handle and bolster, the fit of the scabbard and the finish of the blade are all 10 out of 10 in my book. I suspect the cheetlang will become VERY popular, if it isn't already.

This was my first time doing business with Craig and Gurkha House, and I would reccomend them both to anyone with no reservations! (Craig, I hope you've received my check, and I hope it was for the right amount...)

Now a question for anyone - Is the cheetlang a traditional style? If so, where in Nepal is it from, or who/what is it associated with?

Brian

No can do. At this time I don't have access to a scanner - there's a couple of pix already posted from other threads - just do a search on "cheetlang" and you should come up with some. All I can say is the pix can't do it justice - it came today at work, and I couldn't resist showing it to a couple of co-workers. None of them are really "blade" types, but they all commented on how beautiful it is.

Back