My Current guitar project.

Phillip, that looks awesome! So...are you making a case? :p And when can i expect this in the mail? HAHAHA. Seriously man, fantastic job!

Phillip, that looks awesome! So...are you making a case? :p And when can i expect this in the mail? HAHAHA. Seriously man, fantastic job!

Nope, not making a case. I did buy one though...

I know I haven't posted the glamour shots that I promised. Today might be a good day for taking pictures, since it's cloudy, but in the meantime, I thought I'd wrap up the re-build I was doing.

Yesterday I received an order of abrasives for my orbital sander, so I finished the finish on the osage 12 string. I leveled the lacquer with 400 grit, then went to 1000 grit, then 2000, then buffed. It turned out pretty good, but I may go back and work on some areas some more.

Got to use my vacuum bridge clamp again too. I love that thing!

6911-1.jpg

6911-2.jpg

Then I installed the tuners:

6911-3.jpg

6911-4.jpg

Here the neck is bolted on:

6911-5.jpg

Now the strings are put on, though the saddle will have to be shortened later:

6911-6.jpg

I managed to get the string spacing right first try. Such a pain on 12s.

6911-7.jpg

6911-8.jpg

The back:

6911-9.jpg

Do i see the making's of another Robert Bendetto type? Great looking work, Phillip....Want to make me one in all burl and spalt? :p Seriously beautiful. You have mad talent sir.

Do i see the making's of another Robert Bendetto type? Great looking work, Phillip....Want to make me one in all burl and spalt? :p Seriously beautiful. You have mad talent sir.

Hey Mike,
You mean an archtop? I've thought about it, but no plans. My next guitar project will probably be either a 12 string OM, or a Les Paul solidbody.

OK, I just took some halfway decent pictures. Here they are in no particular order:

61111-2.jpg

61111-3.jpg

61111-4.jpg

61111-5.jpg

61111-6.jpg

61111-7.jpg

61111-8.jpg

61111-9.jpg

61111-10.jpg

I see the need for a nice MOP "Patton Guitars" logo inlaid on the head stock. If I could still play I would be jealous, what am I talking about I am still envious, that is a pair if nice looking guitars:thumbup:

Back