1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My favorite All-Time Benchmade: The 940

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by RamZar, Jan 6, 2017.

1. sanman28

sanman28 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Nice. I have the bottom 3. If they would come out with more G10 models....id get em.

2. 425KRS

425KRS Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    I recently picked up a 940-1, it's an awesome knife. Very lightweight, feels great in the hand, top notch materials. Very smooth action too. I see why people say it's one of the best EDCs out there.

3. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Best selling Benchmade knife at BladeHQ is the 940-2.

4. cistercian

cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    I have handled 940's many times and just don't get it. I find the grip too skinny and the shape too likely to tunnel through a pocket. For EDC I use my REI 531. For Weekends my para2's.
    For special occasions...my 710-1401's.

I am amazed how popular this series is....but to each their own. They are nice...but their allure just does not click with me.

Maybe it is my big hands.....

5. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    What do you mean tunnel through your pocket?

6. cistercian

cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    The handle shape would wear out a pocket quickly. I don't use pocket clips...I just dump the knife in my pocket. I have had many end up in my boots!

7. esurm

esurm

Jun 12, 2011
    That is really interesting. I am about 6'1" and have fair sized hands and I love my 940. I carry it with the clip in the same pocket as my wallet so I love the thin design.

Have you tried using speedsew (awesome fabric glue) and patches to reinforce your pockets? A piece of denim on the main wear points would really strengthen it.