My favorite Kizers (so far)

flash900

Platinum Member
I like 3-inch folders and my favorite Kizers have been the Gemini Ti and G-10 and the Mini Intrepid. (I also love the wonderful front-flipper Feist but returned mine until the model is fixed and reissued.)

I was on the fence about the new Envoy, which looked like just about every other Ti folder and seemed kind of meh to me. Then I was seduced by Ram's photos and ordered one.

In size, weight, ease of flipping and closing, it goes to the head of the class.

And the price is a real winner.

If there is any difference in Kizer's tolerances between the Envoy and the more expensive Ti Gemini and Mini Intrepid, I can't find it.

For me, the Envoy proves that, for an EDC folder, there is a big difference between a model that is just over 3 inches and one that is just under.

Ray Laconico and Kizer, are you listening? Please consider a just-under 3 inch version of your justly popular Gemini -- thanks.

Flash, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I go for manual flippers with 2.99" blade lengths, 0.12" blade thickness and a weight of 2.5-4 ounces.

Envoy is an unbeatable value at $137 when you compare it to Gemini ($170), Ursa Minor ($180), Feist ($168), Guru ($182) and Mini Intrepid ($253). All have S35VN blade except for the Mini Intrepid which is M390.

In terms of dimensions and weight, my Envoy trumps them all at a lower price! Other attractions of the Envoy are thin 0.115" FFG blade that's 2.97" long. Weighs only 2.82 ounces. Nice deep carry titanium pocket clip. Of course, it has ceramic bearings and detent ball. The flipper action and detent strength are the best of the lot except for my Guru.

Finally, I wish more knife makers would heed the advice of making small, slim and light folders with blade lengths of 2.99" and thin blades. That blade length makes it legal in many more areas and less than that compromises the handle length.

That Kizer Envoy looks really nice. Sort of Sebenza alternative. My only Kizer is a Feist which luckily came without issues. I like my little Feist alot.

Pictures of the Envoy next to CRK Small Sebenza 21, LionSteel TRE, Gemini and Mini Intrepid.

k04WdSA.jpg

duRZxSn.jpg

5fQlP78.jpg

OnAyjXq.jpg

Love the deep-pocket clip on the Envoy.

Big improvement over the Gemini clips. Why can't the Geminis use this clip or one of Kizer's newer milled clips?

I have the Intrepid Vanguard and love carrying it. It looks smaller than it is. I did a few mods to make it my own. I sharpened it to 28 and a super high polish I also enlarged the thumb choil a little bit to make it easier
to access the lockbar when closing it. It is much more fun to play with. I want to thank Kizer for sending me a new one to replace my old one rather than fix it and they also let me pick a different color. This has become one of my favorites Kizers and has made it into my weekly rotation. The great thing about it is it can fill the place of EDC or tactical depending on the second knife I carry. Kizer you make a great product.

For those of you with Envoys, how is the action? I can get it to where it falls shut pretty easily and there is no blade play when locked open, however, it is then off center and I can move the blade quite a bit when it's closed.

On the flip side, I can get the blade perfectly centered and no movement in the blade when it's closed but then it's so tight the action is terrible.

i like the feist but ive been working on convincing Justin to redesign the blade, to make it fuller, perhaps like the arcform slimfoot but with a spear or wharncliffe

I like my Feist quite a bit. I also was really impressed with the Corto... a real steal of a knife for the $90 I paid for it new!

Yes, I saw that they HAD them but sold out fairly quickly. I have a second coming from BladeHQ that I noticed the other day, as soon as I ordered it they were done again. Will let you know what they send.

A second one, so you like it as much as I do, eh?

It's such a great design, such solid execution, the blade:length ratio, the light weight, the flat grind, the sheep-drop-foot-point blade profile, it's just outstanding.

I received it today and am very impressed, great blade length, good steel, perfect action and my list of likes goes on. Kizer has continued to grow into a reasonable priced solid knife brand.

The Mjolnir. A big beautiful knife that might not be as dexterous and dainty as the tiny Envoy (and I love the Envoy too) but that big M390 blade will get the job done.

It's also set up for all the lefties to switch the pocket clip with an ingenious hidden internal nut for the second screw to go into.

Back