My first Randall Made knife: a model 28

pbubsy

Gold Member
Pretty happy with it, I've wanted a Randall for quite some time but could never quite decide which I wanted. After roughly 18 years of coveting one, I finally have a nice Model 28. Kind of cool that the stamp is pretty deep. Makes it unique in my eyes. I usually gravitate toward carbon steels and love O1, but I kept getting drawn back to this one. How'd I do? I got it for less than retail. Was sold as a user, but outside a couple scratches on the micarta and some discoloration on the guard fron being stored in the sheath, its maybe just been carried, if anything. I mean to use it, so im stoked on getting it for a reasonable sum.20231128_193011.jpg20231128_193019.jpg20231128_193040.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty happy with it, I've wanted a Randall for quite some time but could never quite decide which I wanted. After roughly 18 years of coveting one, I finally have a noce Model 28. Kind of cool that the stamp is pretty deep. Makes it unique in my eyes. How'd I do? View attachment 2406637View attachment 2406638View attachment 2406639
The 28 is a lot of knife for the money. Blade length, full tang, border guard handle make it an excellent do-it-all belt knife.

You did good.

One more thing. Use it, then use it some more. Make memories with it. Old Bo did not intend for his cutlery "to live behind glass".

Last edited:
The 28 is a solid little user and much deserving of the name 'Woodsman'.
I like mine very much, I swapped the leather sheath for a Spec-Ops Brand Mini though.
As yours already has a few scratches, that just means you don't have to break it in!
Use it and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Back