My Kizer Gemini imperfection

Hi guys. As I posted I have got my first kizer lately which was a Gemini and I love it. However, as mentioned, it is not perfect with a slightly uneven grind. It doesn't really bother me but a friend just said I should not accept this. In your opinion, is this a problem or will you accept this minor imperfection as a normal variance? Or this is too off to be accepted?

As you can see from the picture, the tip is a slightly bit of uneven and so does the belley as the primary grind is slightly off centered. Am I too gorgeous to accept this or is my friend being too picky saying this is a a defective unit? Please share your opinion. Thanks.
4180d1ea90b0eeca49f594924c6be0bc.jpg
54bc6c83452a0e939a7e5b0e64272d8a.jpg
82b877913e3a8f64130e1ac75e3af603.jpg
586a26d56e6b1d3d940c3ae20bb7c1c1.jpg

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6683 發送

As a customer you are entitled to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you are not then you have the right to exchange it.

As a Kizer distributor we have exchanged knives for all sorts of things. But call or email the seller first and let them know the problem - most sellers are happy to help out in these types of cases.

- - - - -
www.truetalon.com

As a customer you are entitled to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you are not then you have the right to exchange it.

As a Kizer distributor we have exchanged knives for all sorts of things. But call or email the seller first and let them know the problem - most sellers are happy to help out in these types of cases.

- - - - -
www.truetalon.com
I know and thanks. They also ask me to send it back if I am not happy but in fact I am ok with that and don't bother to deal with. Just a friend of mine saying it is unacceptable and say I shouldnt accept that. That's why I am asking if I am too gorgeous while this is really so bad that it is a defective unit and need to be replaced. Or my friend is just too picky.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6683 發送

just have it sharpened by someone or sharpen it yourself on a guided system. no mass produced knife will have perfect blade grinds every time. so if you swap it, you will likely get another one with the same problem. you can also have it centered too by adjusting the pivot and other screws, but i think thats just the angle you took the picture at.

why does your friend think thats not acceptable? does kizer have a guarantee that wont happen?

Last edited:
just have it sharpened by someone or sharpen it yourself on a guided system. no mass produced knife will have perfect blade grinds every time. so if you swap it, you will likely get another one with the same problem. you can also have it centered too by adjusting the pivot and other screws, but i think thats just the angle you took the picture at.

why does your friend think thats not acceptable? does kizer have a guarantee that wont happen?
Yeah. Thanks for your reply. I think wouldn't deal with it but sharpen it normally. It will be fixed sooner or later. The centering is actually dead on. It is the angle of the photo. My friend is an OCD.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6683 發送

Both of those asymmetries will be corrected when you sharpen the knife. So while it's a little annoying, it's easily fixable and I wouldn't return the knife.

I agree with the comments above. I personally wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy it. FWIW, mine was uneven as well, but I sharpen all my knives after I receive them to my standards. Granted, it is a production knife, so don't expect perfection. I take apart all my knives (new or resale), check everything, oil, reassemble, adjust as necessary. Your friend may be expecting quality of knives that are 5x the cost of the Gemini. I use all my knives (including $1k+ full customs), they all get sharpened by me (I like to enjoy what I spend my money on, no safe queens here). Of all the production and customs that have passed through my hands, I have only received 2 knives that did not need to be sharpened. I've attached a photo of what my corrected edge looks like (disregard the small smudge on the mirror edge, I didn't realize it was there until I looked at the photo later). Hope this helps.

y4mhWHzEFXyWFFbTYHhwyDrR-8YBWDDiNxqVmLFvYZ5cVAn7jyHE6RawFLdsn_xs25-ULXPG2p27bo3NUApTsoncas3CwUQVLrj5g7xhzwW6W5bCZd2U8kVCIx_iTa_FtPsMBONoup21rBh0fe9u8qArxUSl1m6w4kypTfz26zhQU6IGe6XEK-H_b4oTyTUgMyQTINth48c6ptOXQ92hLxMFA

Last edited:
Back