My Last Year As A Full Time Leather Worker

Hey Mate, you do some of the best leather work I have ever handled so when I am needing a knife wrapped in dead critter you KNOW who I will be calling on !!! In fact I need two sheaths and a couple of "bits" for some of your older work... :D I will cobble together and e-mail for you mate..!!

I cannot post the pic but will try again. But can you make a nice leather sheath for this knife, it is a Wilson combat cop tool version 1 from 2007. I hope you know the knife I will do my best to take a picture. Thank you.

Hey Taz,
Sure! I found a pic of it online and it looks like a nice tool. :) I'd have to get you to send it in for fitting though, by the looks of it I'd have to do some tricky fitting to keep the pointy bits from catching on the inside of the sheath.

Send a note to the wife at stacy@armoralleather.com and she will lead you through the process of cost and options.

Dwayne, I wish you luck, my man.
I haven't talked with you as much since I left the Busse scene. All the knives I buy these days tend to come with sheaths.
However, I have always respected your work and never fail in giving people my #1 recommendation for you as a leather bender.
Your stuff is top notch.

Choppers.jpg

LM2.jpg

Thank you my friend, it was a joy working with you. :)

I'm excited to be making this little part time transition, the hostility of a few members is really wearing on me these past few years. I've just got to turn my back on them and move forward. :D

A couple of new revelations have convinced me that I am making the right move.

One person in particular simply cannot let it go and move on, six years later. From this point on I will not get dragged into his world of drunken rages and lies. I've made peace with what happened and how he brought it on himself and still needs to blame someone else for the trouble he caused.

psst, I know your reading this, invisible mode doesn't hide you completely. :p

I had a feeling that teaching would take up some of my time but gee whiz! Two to three days a week on average so far! :eek:

But, ya know, I cant be happier. So much weight off my back now its amazing, and watching those faces light up when they "get it" is priceless.

Two weeks in and I am still so excited to be doing this its amazing. The learning curve is deep though, I went way over their heads on the first day, dropped back and punted for the second and made good progress. This is so rewarding.

Speaking of updates, there's a certain Hoss getting worked on. :)

I know I need to send some inlay ideas as well, I have a few in mind.

Dwayne,

I know this is late, but I am glad you're doing well. I don't know what situation has caused you to have to defend your work, but in my mind it speaks for itself. The sheath you made for my old man is one of his favourites, it has been on his side for hundreds of miles and more than enough treks to show that the quality is second to none.

Happy to hear you're enjoying the kids!

Thank you my friend! :)

No worries so far, a little overwhelmed with work and school together. But I will get it sooner or later.

Also no worries about that person, he is a miserable fool who cant stand not getting his way. A spoiled rotten brat in other words. Ignoring their hissy fits so they dont get the attention that they desperately crave is the best revenge. :) And I see he is still running around in "invisible" mode. Thinks he's being sneaky. :rolleyes:

Back